The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minasteeth
I’m being completely honest…after reading last years thread about them sending off first 10 and then this next 10. If you’ve not heard back by now I don’t think you’ll be hearing back till March because you’ve been waitlisted/rejected…most likely the latter unfortunately. Also I don’t think it’s fair to come for people based off of them getting offers. The more recent convos are just attacking someone getting in and it’s obvious certain people don’t believe them…I don’t get someone would lie about getting an offer. I really think someone needs to say something so more people don’t go through the same thing

Let's hope more offers will come soon. Literally I have been trying for 6 times. I will be very disappointed trying the whole thing again.
I’m being completely honest…after reading last years thread about them sending off first 10 and then this next 10. If you’ve not heard back by now I don’t think you’ll be hearing back till March because you’ve been waitlisted/rejected…most likely the latter unfortunately. Also I don’t think it’s fair to come for people based off of them getting offers. The more recent convos are just attacking someone getting in and it’s obvious certain people don’t believe them…I don’t get someone would lie about getting an offer. I really think someone needs to say something so more people don’t go through the same thing

i disagree wholeheartedly.
not hearing back is always way better than a rejection and the only way to find the outcomes of anything is ONLY through admissions themselves!! no one on tsr can predict what’s going to happen in the next few days/weeks/months plus posting the the first part is absolutely and incredibly heartbreaking! there’s more than enough deserving people who are going to be impacted by this. we really should be trying to be positive on here especially as grads dent applicants it’s so so competitive and hard enough. at a minimum we should be uplifting each other (or saying nothing). coming from someone who got rejected pre interview from this uni too waiting for an offer is an incredibly experience don’t take away someone’s else’s time of anxiously waiting for good news !
Reply 82
Original post by applesandalevels
not hearing back is always way better than a rejection and the only way to find the outcomes of anything is ONLY through admissions themselves!! no one on tsr can predict what’s going to happen in the next few days/weeks/months plus posting the the first part is absolutely and incredibly heartbreaking! there’s more than enough deserving people who are going to be impacted by this. we really should be trying to be positive on here especially as grads dent applicants it’s so so competitive and hard enough. at a minimum we should be uplifting each other (or saying nothing). coming from someone who got rejected pre interview from this uni too waiting for an offer is an incredibly experience don’t take away someone’s else’s time of anxiously waiting for good news !

Well said.

Well said applesandalevels! Persistance and hard work will hopefully lead to a good result and fingers crossed Aberdeen has kept a few offers for March. :smile:
You're entitled to your opinion I just don't think it's right to come for people getting in....it's not nice working so far for people to basically not believe you because a univesity told you a deadline and replied early to the top 10-20 people!!! it makes sense if you've not heard back to be waitlisted/rejected it happens.
Not everyone's going to get in that's the thing, I'm just saying my opinion. I don't mean to upset anyone-sorry if I have.

Is strange that people who got offers (please correct me if I am wrong) did their interviews between 10-15/12. I did mine on 06/12 and I haven't seen (obviously not many people have TSR) any offers from this first week of interviews.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Greekdentist
Is strange that people who got offers (please correct me if I am wrong) did their interviews between 10-15/12. I did mine on 06/12 and I haven't seen (obviously not many people have TSR) any offers from this first week of interviews.

greek stop you’re going to make the wait so much harder than it needs to be until admissions emails you stay busy and surround yourself with positivity. you’re going to stress yourself out!!!! then when you get in you’ll have stressed for no reason. i rmb i stesssed myself out the whole day waiting for my bds uni to email me and the moment i relaxed they emailed me my offer. so honestly just relax you got this
greek stop you’re going to make the wait so much harder than it needs to be until admissions emails you stay busy and surround yourself with positivity. you’re going to stress yourself out!!!! then when you get in you’ll have stressed for no reason. i rmb i stesssed myself out the whole day waiting for my bds uni to email me and the moment i relaxed they emailed me my offer. so honestly just relax you got this

Thank you mate I am trying to keep myself busy with the uni work but is just so annowing that it takes so long. Hope the wait really worths it and don't have to do the ucat again.
You probably haven't got in (or are waitlisted to see if offer holders reject their offers) that's my guess the UCAS deadline for responses is in a few months so hopefully you hear your outcome soon.
Applying six times as a grad should get you an automatic offer

Did they not send offers until March? Surely they have a few left
Reply 88
Original post by Greekdentist
Did they not send offers until March? Surely they have a few left

They sent some out in March yes. I know someone on the course who got theirs in March.
Reply 89
Applying six times is a lot, I hope you get good news this year. I'm already studying so I know what it's like applying I just think keep your mind/options open!

@minasteeth did you receive an offer
Reply 90
Original post by cakePOP1122
Did you hear back today? And congratulations!

Thank you!! I got the ucas change notification before I went on holiday the second week of Feb but I didn’t want to look at it in case it ruined my mood😅 But they did say we’d hear back at the end of March so dw!!
Reply 91
@UoA Enquiry Team are there any updates that you would be able to provide us with please?
Original post by hiuvhehg
@UoA Enquiry Team are there any updates that you would be able to provide us with please?
Hi all, thanks for your patience, I have received the following from our medical admissions team who are handling the Dentistry applications:

We appreciate that this is an anxious time for you as you wait to hear back, but we did make it explicitly clear at interview that we would not be in a position to make all of ours and decisions at once, but instead we would be doing this slowly. We are unable to give a particular timeline of when the next decisions will be made, and we provided some of these reasons why this is at your interview briefing. We are very conscious of the wait, and soon as we are in a position to communicate decisions, we absolutely will.

[This is me talking again now] From what I can tell most of you on thread are operating off of this information already and any further speculation is, as @applesandalevels put it very well, going to make the wait harder. You can absolutely overthink this forever but right now just know that offers are going out slowly and as soon as there is a decision either way you will be hearing from us. Let us know if you'd like any clarification on this and I really hope this helps some of you with the wait.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi all, thanks for your patience, I have received the following from our medical admissions team who are handling the Dentistry applications:

We appreciate that this is an anxious time for you as you wait to hear back, but we did make it explicitly clear at interview that we would not be in a position to make all of ours and decisions at once, but instead we would be doing this slowly. We are unable to give a particular timeline of when the next decisions will be made, and we provided some of these reasons why this is at your interview briefing. We are very conscious of the wait, and soon as we are in a position to communicate decisions, we absolutely will.

[This is me talking again now] From what I can tell most of you on thread are operating off of this information already and any further speculation is, as @applesandalevels put it very well, going to make the wait harder. You can absolutely overthink this forever but right now just know that offers are going out slowly and as soon as there is a decision either way you will be hearing from us. Let us know if you'd like any clarification on this and I really hope this helps some of you with the wait.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Thank you so much for the update Matthew! :smile:
Anyone else get the email about the offer holders day in April, is anyone going to attend?
Original post by Nic Tooth Fairy
Anyone else get the email about the offer holders day in April, is anyone going to attend?

Yeah I got the email too, it was just a general open day not dental specifically, I take it that’s what you got as well? But yeah I’m going
Original post by user32557038
Yeah I got the email too, it was just a general open day not dental specifically, I take it that’s what you got as well? But yeah I’m going
Hey, yeah I thought that so wasn't totally sure if it was worth going to but it would be good to meet other offer holders for Dentistry.
Original post by Nic Tooth Fairy
Hey, yeah I thought that so wasn't totally sure if it was worth going to but it would be good to meet other offer holders for Dentistry.

It wasn’t giving me dentistry as an option for what I’ve got an offer for was my only thing I’m thrown off by
Original post by user32557038
It wasn’t giving me dentistry as an option for what I’ve got an offer for was my only thing I’m thrown off by
Yeah it wasn't on the list so not sure!
For anyone else who got the email for the general offer holders day: I emailed the admissions team and they said to just ignore that one as they’ll be in touch about a dental specific day soon

Quick Reply

Latest