The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by applesandalevels
my friend got one she’s ruk

do u know when she got it :smile:
did anyone get an email end of jan/early feb saying they've assessed their fee status and now their application can move onto the next step?
Anyone managed to get through admissions?
Original post by cakePOP1122
Anyone managed to get through admissions?

Nope, they kept putting the phone down on me
Reply 124
those of you that have got an offer. did you get an email from the uni first or was it just a ucas track update??
Original post by hhhh67
those of you that have got an offer. did you get an email from the uni first or was it just a ucas track update??

i got the track update first
Original post by Cecekellyj
do you happen to know when they told her that she was classified as ruk?

uh i have no idea tbf she’d been in england her whole life
Original post by hhhh67
do u know when she got it :smile:

9th feb she told me!
Original post by user32557038
anyone else get the email for the offer holders virtual event in may this morning?

hi!! I got mine, are you going to attend? not sure what kinds of questions to ask tbh
Original post by alinaaa98
hi!! I got mine, are you going to attend? not sure what kinds of questions to ask tbh

yeah i’ll be there! i think i mainly want to know about the funding stuff right now but honestly can’t think of too much else to ask about

Hi! When did you have your interview? And what date did you get your offer?
Original post by user32557038
yeah i’ll be there! i think i mainly want to know about the funding stuff right now but honestly can’t think of too much else to ask about
oh cool! Guess I'll see you there then!! It'll be nice to know someone before starting lol. For funding, idk if you're a Scottish student but a few of my Scottish friends who are doing dentistry atm are getting the Dental Student Support Grant (DSSG) which is a £4000/year grant (basically free money in exchange for working in NHS Scotland once you graduate)
Hi! When did you have your interview? And what date did you get your offer?

Hello! I had my interview on the 15th of Dec 2023 and I received my offer at the start of Feb (didn't check my ucas until the end of Feb though bc I was sure it was going to be a rejection 😅)
Hello! I had my interview on the 15th of Dec 2023 and I received my offer at the start of Feb (didn't check my ucas until the end of Feb though bc I was sure it was going to be a rejection 😅)

How did u feel after the int ?
Hi all, my apologies that we've not been able to get you an update on applications this far. If you've not heard yet then please be assured that our admissions team are still working to process your application. I'm sorry that the end of March date we provided seems to have been incorrect but our team are dealing with a high volume of applications and will be working to get you all answers as soon as they can. I realise this doesn't help the wait necessarily but as soon as there is an update to provide you will hear via email or I will post something here.
Also just in case anyone was under this impression which I've seen elsewhere on site, the university doesn't close while teaching is off and our admissions teams will be continuing to work through the coming weeks.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Anyone heard anything yet?

hopefully you hear this week because on the website it says end of march :’)

nope🥲, are you waiting for other unis?
Original post by Cecekellyj

nope🥲, are you waiting for other unis?

No just Aberdeen, Wbu?
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi all, my apologies that we've not been able to get you an update on applications this far. If you've not heard yet then please be assured that our admissions team are still working to process your application. I'm sorry that the end of March date we provided seems to have been incorrect but our team are dealing with a high volume of applications and will be working to get you all answers as soon as they can. I realise this doesn't help the wait necessarily but as soon as there is an update to provide you will hear via email or I will post something here.
Also just in case anyone was under this impression which I've seen elsewhere on site, the university doesn't close while teaching is off and our admissions teams will be continuing to work through the coming weeks.
- Matthew, Enquiry Team

is there a date applicants are expected to hear back from? i’m getting loads and loads of dms about this! i can imagine loads of people are stressed as they were expecting to hear by end of march. also were the first set of offers a batch or all the offers for this year? also any additional information would be appreciated as it’s grad entry it’s soo competitive i really am feeling for everyone

Quick Reply

Latest