The Student Room Group

Should I drop out of year twelve to do an apprenticeship?

I’m seriously considering dropping out. My predicted grades right now are EUU, so there’s pretty much no coming back from that. My GCSE grades are pretty okay though; I got 4 sevens, 4 sixes and 1 five. I think I could apply for an advanced apprenticeship with that, but it seems very risky right now. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by sea bee
I’m seriously considering dropping out. My predicted grades right now are EUU, so there’s pretty much no coming back from that. My GCSE grades are pretty okay though; I got 4 sevens, 4 sixes and 1 five. I think I could apply for an advanced apprenticeship with that, but it seems very risky right now. What should I do?

I think that u should talk to ur teachers and see what they can do about helping u improve ur predicted grades. I think you could definitely come back from it but it will take quite a bit of work (but it would be really useful when they improve). I also think that there's no harm in applying for some apprenticeships to see what you can get and see if it is worth it? I think defo talk to your teachers though and see how they can help and what they advise!

Quick Reply

Latest