The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni

Is dropping out of university in year 2 and doing a higher apprenteship like big 4 something you are allowed to do?
Original post by Anonymous
Is dropping out of university in year 2 and doing a higher apprenteship like big 4 something you are allowed to do?

I would think so.

i am tagging those who might have more knowledge of the subject and could provide better advice: @04MR17 @Scotney @threeportdrift @Muttley79
thanks
Is dropping out of university in year 2 and doing a higher apprenticeship like big 4 something you are allowed to do?

You are allowed to drop out of university any time you like yes. You're paying for the degree, so you just stop paying and don't go anymore, sorted.
Apprenticeships are competitive. So they might have questions about your withdrawal from study, but that’s the same as applying to another uni really.
Reply 4
My full story

Im currently on leave of absence and I will be returning back to uni in year 1 (starting again) but im not sure if I should or should not go back to uni.

I dont wanna take another gap year as this means I will lose my university offer and I will waste another year

Could I apply to apprenteships such as big 4 (higher levels one) whilst at uni and drop out if I get one and if dont I will continue with uni.

One thing im unsure if I would be eligible to do an apprenteship after having attended uni for almost 2 years.

any advice pls
My full story

Im currently on leave of absence and I will be returning back to uni in year 1 (starting again) but im not sure if I should or should not go back to uni.

I dont wanna take another gap year as this means I will lose my university offer and I will waste another year

Could I apply to apprenteships such as big 4 (higher levels one) whilst at uni and drop out if I get one and if dont I will continue with uni.

One thing im unsure if I would be eligible to do an apprenteship after having attended uni for almost 2 years.

any advice pls

Would you consider doing something outside of the Big 4, or is this your only/main goal?
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Would you consider doing something outside of the Big 4, or is this your only/main goal?

Yes I would consider things outside big 4 like grant thornton and other similar companies
Reply 7
Tbh your history at uni would be against you if you are applying for a competitive degree.What has been the problem with uni exactly?How many years have you actually done up to now or more pertinently how many years student finance have you used up?What have you been doing this year?
Reply 8
I would perhaps start Uni again at Year 1 and whilst you're in Year 1 try and apply for various apprenticeships. This way you can remain in full time education and use your current position to get to your desired position.

I would assume that to your prospective employer this will also look a lot better, considering the fact that you haven't just dropped out all together but have at least persevered to get where you want.

However, as a current first year myself I would always encourage people and my friends to stay at Uni because it is very volatile out there and there is a high possibility you might not find an apprenticeship if you drop out entirely, which means you will have nothing to fall back on and might have to find casual employment for an unknown amount of time.
Reply 9
Original post by Scotney
Tbh your history at uni would be against you if you are applying for a competitive degree.What has been the problem with uni exactly?How many years have you actually done up to now or more pertinently how many years student finance have you used up?What have you been doing this year?

Reply 10
Original post by h.h.

Should have said competitive apprenticeship .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending