The Student Room Group

applying for apprenticeships while at uni

Hi guys, recently I've been applying to many accounting/audit apprenticeships and school leaver programmes. I'm currently in my first year as uni, studying economics, but after a lot more research and finally becoming more productive, I've decided to pursue an apprenticeship. However, despite applying to around 20 different firms, I'm very worried. I'm not concerned about getting rejected because my application wasn't to their standards, but rather getting close to the end but being rejected because im technically still at uni. I know many people would've been in the same situation as mine, so I was wondering how i go about this. I don't want to drop out from uni right now in case i dont get accepted to any apprenticeships in this cycle, so preferably i'd like to wait until ive been accepted and then i will dropout, however I'm not sure how the employers will see it. I'm very anxious that they will just see it as - he's at uni already so we automatically reject him
I am applying as well but i am saying i am a gap year student so i will just leave if they give me an offer and i am not stating that i am in uni since if i leave i would be a gap year student
Original post by furyslasher
Hi guys, recently I've been applying to many accounting/audit apprenticeships and school leaver programmes. I'm currently in my first year as uni, studying economics, but after a lot more research and finally becoming more productive, I've decided to pursue an apprenticeship. However, despite applying to around 20 different firms, I'm very worried. I'm not concerned about getting rejected because my application wasn't to their standards, but rather getting close to the end but being rejected because im technically still at uni. I know many people would've been in the same situation as mine, so I was wondering how i go about this. I don't want to drop out from uni right now in case i dont get accepted to any apprenticeships in this cycle, so preferably i'd like to wait until ive been accepted and then i will dropout, however I'm not sure how the employers will see it. I'm very anxious that they will just see it as - he's at uni already so we automatically reject him

And you wont get rejected for being in uni thats fine its not really a problem
Reply 3
Original post by Gursirjansethi
I am applying as well but i am saying i am a gap year student so i will just leave if they give me an offer and i am not stating that i am in uni since if i leave i would be a gap year student

And have you gotten to the final stages in any of those applications? I'm just asking because I know that they do background checks and stuff towards the end when finalising a place, and i think they can see from government funding whether or not you're already being funded (for uni). But i think its fine, cos if it gets to that stage they will probably ask about it and we can say we're gonna drop out once weve been given an offer and they should be fine with that
Reply 4
Original post by Gursirjansethi
And you wont get rejected for being in uni thats fine its not really a problem

A lot of the apprenticeship applications ask specifically if you're already in uni, and if you select yes i think some decline immediately, thats what happened with me for a couple (e.g. grant thornton) so thats why i stopped doing that and started saying i wasnt in uni
I am at the second stage for ubs
But thats really it the problem w me is i cant apply to like 2 or 3 since i did spring week applications

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending