The Student Room Group

NHS referral & moving address

Hi ive been referred on nhs for stomach issues, I’m planning on moving this year, what would happen if I move would it affect me being in queue to be seen?
Also who would I have to let know? Or would the hospital know from joining new GP surgery like it update the system automatically?
Reply 1
Switch your GP to somewhere more local.

This next bit of information is largely unknown in the country but we have something called 'right to choose' in the UK. This is where you can pick which hospital you want to be treated at and they have to let you. Call up the three most local hosiptals and ask about their waiting lists. Pick the one with the lowest time.

I don't know if your place in the queue would be held but I doubt it. The health service isn't one big machine. It's organised into local trusts which manage a local area and are essentially seperate entities.

Good luck and all the best with your treatment.
Reply 2
Original post by ziggy03
Switch your GP to somewhere more local.

This next bit of information is largely unknown in the country but we have something called 'right to choose' in the UK. This is where you can pick which hospital you want to be treated at and they have to let you. Call up the three most local hosiptals and ask about their waiting lists. Pick the one with the lowest time.

I don't know if your place in the queue would be held but I doubt it. The health service isn't one big machine. It's organised into local trusts which manage a local area and are essentially seperate entities.

Good luck and all the best with your treatment.

Thank you I appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest