The Student Room Group

Terrible yr13 predicted grades

Yes before people come at me I am understanding that this is also my responsibility. But my predicted grades I’ve just received are C,C,D… (Art,Geog,Econ)

For the universities I want to apply for (yes I haven’t applied yet bcs ofc my school doesn’t give out our predicted until we break up 😍) I need a minimum of BBC but the highest is AAA.

Genuinly what should I do. I don’t want to do a gap year but it seems like I may have to. I was thinking maybe convincing my art teacher to move it up to a B and Econ I’m deffo asking to raise it up to a C. Atp do I have a chance of going ANYWHERE even if it’s changed to B,C,C??? 😭😭😭

It is the holidays tho and emailing is probs gonna be rlly annoying tbh but idk if I should wait until the 8th of Jan when I come back and then I can get it upped and apply. (If they even agree)

I’m not sure if applying in the month it’s due will make a difference. ALSO THIS IS FOR ARCHITECTURE
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Don't apply to Uni this year.

Work your socks off to get the best results you can (really work, don't just pretend), and then apply next year with known grades.
Original post by Lani115
Yes before people come at me I am understanding that this is also my responsibility. But my predicted grades I’ve just received are C,C,D… (Art,Geog,Econ)

For the universities I want to apply for (yes I haven’t applied yet bcs ofc my school doesn’t give out our predicted until we break up 😍) I need a minimum of BBC but the highest is AAA.

Genuinly what should I do. I don’t want to do a gap year but it seems like I may have to. I was thinking maybe convincing my art teacher to move it up to a B and Econ I’m deffo asking to raise it up to a C. Atp do I have a chance of going ANYWHERE even if it’s changed to B,C,C??? 😭😭😭

It is the holidays tho and emailing is probs gonna be rlly annoying tbh but idk if I should wait until the 8th of Jan when I come back and then I can get it upped and apply. (If they even agree)

I’m not sure if applying in the month it’s due will make a difference. ALSO THIS IS FOR ARCHITECTURE

Hi @Lani115,

Hope you're well. First all, please don't feel like you can't apply, you never know what opportunities might be out there. Secondly, talking to your subject teachers is a really great idea, I did this myself and managed to get my grades bumped up enough to help me meet the requirements for the universities I was applying for. Maybe try discussing with your teachers in person what areas you can improve on to help support your request for a predicted grade change. It may also be worth talking to the admission teams of all the universities your applying to and asking in what circumstances would they be willing to lower their grades requirements. Finally, keep working on your portfolio, as this may help your case with both your A-Level teachers and the univeristies you are applying to.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have anymore questions. Good Luck!

Faheema (Lancaster University Ambassador for Psychology)
Perhaps start by being realistic. Your predictions are what your teachers believe what you will get. Trying to get them upped isnt going to help in the long run. The evidence shows that teachers tend to over predict rather than under predict and the vast majority of students dont achieve their predictions.

You need to face reality and accept your grades are what you are likely to get in exams so looking at AAA is totally senseless.

You have 2 choices. Either go for universities close to your grades or act as already advised take a gap year and apply with your actual grades. Even with working hard it is unlikely you are going to increase your grades to AAA though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending