The Student Room Group

should I resit year 12?

Today I found out that I failed my history completion exam for Germany, I didn't revise for it and I was very aware that I was going to fail it, I got 13/40 which is a U, achieving the lowest score in the class. I have my Italy history paper coming up and I am near to clueless about the entire subject as the teacher is never in and her teaching style is not useful to me; many of my classmates would agree, so I will most likely fail that too. I do not enjoy history A level and every day I wish I chose something else, I know that if I applied myself and properly looked at the content and went over it, I could achieve B's at the most but I don't know if I should just give it up and resit the year with taking other subjects to which I am actually interested in or suck it up and learn the year 12 content over the summer, which I can't really trust myself to do. I know a few of my friends are most likely retaking the year due to history and changing the subject so I would be fine with friends, the only thing I am concerned about with retaking the year is the effect it will have on my uni applications and the feeling of being looked down upon by the year 13's I was with in year 12. I can't say I particularly enjoy my other subjects, I take sociology which I don't know much on the subject and will probably fail, and art which I am far behind on but I would want to resit that subject as it matches with what I wanna do at uni, which is architecture. I just don't know what to do, I'm not in a great mental state at the moment and can't even bring myself to revise for the other completion exams, nothing is going right in my life at the moment, I just need to make a decision before I fail all of my completion exams.
Please try not to make duplicate threads.

Quick Reply

Latest