The Student Room Group

Alevel books/ websites

Hi,
I will be doing A-levels next year and I am hoping to buy some books to prepare myself for it. However i was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendation of books or websites they have used to assist them with their a levels.

fyi, I will do Maths, Chemistry Biology, and Psychology.
Reply 1
Original post by qwerty.12345
Hi,
I will be doing A-levels next year and I am hoping to buy some books to prepare myself for it. However i was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendation of books or websites they have used to assist them with their a levels.

fyi, I will do Maths, Chemistry Biology, and Psychology.

Hi! I done maths at a-level, I had my last exam yesterday. I assume you're doing further maths? I found watching YouTube videos and doing past paper questions was the most beneficial for me in my revision. Bicen maths on YouTube is amazing, he goes through each topic and he also does past paper walk throughs and clearly explains how to tackle each question. With the books, find out what exam board your school does and then you can purchase the textbooks. My school provided us with them but idk if all schools do that.
My biggest advice for you is to KEEP ON TOP OF YOUR WORK!! I made the mistake of not doing that and it built up very quickly. Also create folders for each subject organised by topic from the get go, it makes it so much easier when it comes to revision. What I wish I had done for all of my subjects (I know it sounds like a lot, but trust me you will thank yourself) is after each lesson go home and consolidate everything you have just been taught so it sticks in your head, as you tend to find you will never re-visit it again in lesson. If I could go back and re-do the whole 2 years that's what I would do.
Sorry its not subject specific but just in general that will give you the best chance possible! It may get to the point where you feel like giving up and you wonder what you're doing with your life, that's how it was with me, but you just have to see it through and you will be so proud of yourself in the end. But also please remember to enjoy it and to not let stress get in the way, those were some of the best years of my life.
Good luck with it!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest