The Student Room Group

Coughing During Exams

Hi, I have my last exam tomorrow and a bit of a weird "problem."

It's silly to complain about but one girl in my class has some sort of nervous thing where in exams every breath she takes she breathes out as a cough.

I struggle a LOT with concentration so every time I'm ready to start reading again she coughs and it's just a bit jarring.

I don't want to ask her to stop because I think it's a nervous thing, she never did it in class or anything. So I know I'm going to have to suck it up and deal with it but it's SO distracting. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to block it out?
Original post by milliex_grace1
Hi, I have my last exam tomorrow and a bit of a weird "problem."

It's silly to complain about but one girl in my class has some sort of nervous thing where in exams every breath she takes she breathes out as a cough.

I struggle a LOT with concentration so every time I'm ready to start reading again she coughs and it's just a bit jarring.

I don't want to ask her to stop because I think it's a nervous thing, she never did it in class or anything. So I know I'm going to have to suck it up and deal with it but it's SO distracting. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to block it out?

There's someone in my class who has that sort of nervous thing, and I understand it can get a bit annoying to constantly hear - but just try to push through this last exam then it will all be over.
Maybe just partly block your ears or use ear plugs (but idk if you would be allowed)
Reply 2
Original post by *LifeHappens*
There's someone in my class who has that sort of nervous thing, and I understand it can get a bit annoying to constantly hear - but just try to push through this last exam then it will all be over.
Maybe just partly block your ears or use ear plugs (but idk if you would be allowed)

I did it and was much more concentrated this time round so it didn't bother me as much. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest