The Student Room Group

Why do I have whopping cough only when I go to sleep

For one than one week I've been ill.

I went to hospital the other day for my cough, breathlessness which I had to do tests, blood tests, x ray, more.

They gave me anti biotics.

My breathlessness is gone.

They said I have a chest infection.

I generally don't cough in the day and also take cough medicine.

I've tried opening my windows, using air humidifier etc. nothing can stop my coughs at night.

Unfortunately as I try to go to bed yet again, try to rest my head on my pillows, the whopping cough just starts again. Very irritating.
A chest infection isn’t whooping cough. Whooping cough is a specific and highly infectious disease.

If you can’t sleep lying down then try sleeping sitting up or at a 45degree angle propped up with pillows under your shoulders and legs.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
A chest infection isn’t whooping cough. Whooping cough is a specific and highly infectious disease.

If you can’t sleep lying down then try sleeping sitting up or at a 45degree angle propped up with pillows under your shoulders and legs.

Thank you.

I've been given time off until next week as he knew I was bad on the phone.

I spoke to my manager

He goes "how am I"

"I said I am recovering" I was meant to say I am resting, recovering doesn't mean to say I'm fully recovered.

I hope I haven't said the wrong thing? I did say earlier I need to see the doctor

Quick Reply

Latest