The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Grading system

How are your final grades worked out
Hi @Pisces202 :cyber:

Different degrees have different assessment methods, so it might be helpful to know what you're studying?

This article might also be helpful - it tells you what the Academic Achievement Team can help you with, like helping with literature reviews, academic reading and critical analysis, and academic writing including using maths and statistics in your assignments, and doing research and writing for your dissertation. These are all things you might be assessed on, depending on your degree.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Charlotte
Liverpool
Reply 2
I have been studying adult nursing but not really sure how to work out final grade
Original post by LJMU Rep 2
Hi @Pisces202 :cyber:

Different degrees have different assessment methods, so it might be helpful to know what you're studying?

This article might also be helpful - it tells you what the Academic Achievement Team can help you with, like helping with literature reviews, academic reading and critical analysis, and academic writing including using maths and statistics in your assignments, and doing research and writing for your dissertation. These are all things you might be assessed on, depending on your degree.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Charlotte
Original post by Pisces202
I have been studying adult nursing but not really sure how to work out final grade

No problem @Pisces202 - you should be able to find this out via My Results on MyLJMU - that's where you'll be able to see the breakdown for your assessments.
If you can't work it out from there then I'd send your personal tutor an email just asking them to help - they'll be able to talk you through what the grades are and how they are weighted :h:

It might help to know that these are the degree classes for LJMU:

<40% = Fail
40% - 49% = Third class (3rd)
50% - 59% = Lower second class (2:2)
60% - 69% = Upper second class (2:1)
>70% = First class (1st)

I'll also put a link to the contacts for your school here if you want to give them an email or call :smile:

Charlotte
Hi there,

If you are unsure on any particular rules and grades then I would advise you too take a look at your course/department guide as this will have any specific rules on the grading as there can be slightly different rules at different University and courses :smile:

Best of luck with your grades!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending