The Student Room Group

UCL vs Exeter Penryn for BSc Geography

I currently hold offers for BSc Geography at UCL and BA/BSc Geography at Exeter for the Cornwall campus and am really stuck between which one I want to put as my firm. Although UCL seems like the better course judging by the rankings and the fact it's a really great uni, the main drawback for me is the fact that I probably can't afford to live in London and I would probably end up commuting while living at home. Is it worth giving up the uni experience by choosing UCL especially as I really love the modules offered on the Exeter course as well as the rural location which I think is better suited for me. Is it a good idea to choose a uni based on it's reputation and how it ranks?
Reply 1
Original post by hon342
I currently hold offers for BSc Geography at UCL and BA/BSc Geography at Exeter for the Cornwall campus and am really stuck between which one I want to put as my firm. Although UCL seems like the better course judging by the rankings and the fact it's a really great uni, the main drawback for me is the fact that I probably can't afford to live in London and I would probably end up commuting while living at home. Is it worth giving up the uni experience by choosing UCL especially as I really love the modules offered on the Exeter course as well as the rural location which I think is better suited for me. Is it a good idea to choose a uni based on it's reputation and how it ranks?

UCL is more of a STEM uni. Go to Penryn if you prefer the course - Exeter has a good rep for Geography.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending