The Student Room Group

Unfollowed my ex

Just made the hard decision to unfollow my ex. Our break up is still fairly fresh but I needed to do it for myself, to try stop me from checking his profile every two minutes. I literally cried straight after I did it but I think it's the right decision in the long run, just wish I didn't have to do it.
Original post by Anonymous
Just made the hard decision to unfollow my ex. Our break up is still fairly fresh but I needed to do it for myself, to try stop me from checking his profile every two minutes. I literally cried straight after I did it but I think it's the right decision in the long run, just wish I didn't have to do it.

You’ve taken the brave step just don’t think about it and with the right amount of time and space you’ll heal.
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80
You’ve taken the brave step just don’t think about it and with the right amount of time and space you’ll heal.

I can't help but feel like I've done the wrong thing. Can't really take it back now though can I.
I can't help but feel like I've done the wrong thing. Can't really take it back now though can I.

I don’t think you have because it clearly looks like you want to move on yes you had that feeling of wanting to check every two seconds but if you were to get him off your mind how else were you to do it although you can in the sense you happen to follow him or if your talking about rekindling your relationship talk to him about it and see if you’d try again this time with boundaries in place both of you would have to be on the same page for it to work
Reply 4
You have just taken one of the most important steps necessary for moving on healthily after a painful breakup. :smile:
Choosing to focus upon your own future instead of the past.

Knowing that you need to be moving on without any ghosts of failed relationships to hold you back or make you obsess over someone else's life rather than your own.
Exes belong in the past, not the present or future.
Good luck!
Reply 5

U broke up for a reason so it’s good u unfollowed

You've done the right thing
Reply 7
Original post by Mohammed_80
I don’t think you have because it clearly looks like you want to move on yes you had that feeling of wanting to check every two seconds but if you were to get him off your mind how else were you to do it although you can in the sense you happen to follow him or if your talking about rekindling your relationship talk to him about it and see if you’d try again this time with boundaries in place both of you would have to be on the same page for it to work

I really don't want to move on, I genuinely really want to be with him. But I needed to unfollow him for my own sanity, I don't even think he'll notice I've unfollowed him.
Reply 8
Original post by londonmyst
You have just taken one of the most important steps necessary for moving on healthily after a painful breakup. :smile:
Choosing to focus upon your own future instead of the past.

Knowing that you need to be moving on without any ghosts of failed relationships to hold you back or make you obsess over someone else's life rather than your own.
Exes belong in the past, not the present or future.
Good luck!

I agree it was a necessary step in my healing process but doesn't make it any easier. Especially when I don't want to move on or even unfollow him in the first place.
Reply 9
Although it’s heartbreakingly tough, it’s the right thing and you’ll appreciate this more down the line. It part of looking forward and will be good for your self esteem once you’ve come though pain
Reply 10
Original post by Zarek
Although it’s heartbreakingly tough, it’s the right thing and you’ll appreciate this more down the line. It part of looking forward and will be good for your self esteem once you’ve come though pain

Thank you, I know you're right it's just a lot to take in and accept currently.

Well done!! It can be very hard but you have to trust yourself that you've made for the right decision for you :smile:
I really don't want to move on, I genuinely really want to be with him. But I needed to unfollow him for my own sanity, I don't even think he'll notice I've unfollowed him.

He most likely won't so don't worry about him bothering you about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending