The Student Room Group

Does student finance give money for a year abroad?

According to my university website, the year abroad (Which is compulsory for my course) costs £1350. So, will student finance even be necessary for this? Do they provide maintenance loan to pay rent for the year abroad? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Confusionn
According to my university website, the year abroad (Which is compulsory for my course) costs £1350. So, will student finance even be necessary for this? Do they provide maintenance loan to pay rent for the year abroad? Thanks :smile:

Hi there, Yes, funding will be available for Maintenance and Tuition Fees. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Yes, funding will be available for Maintenance and Tuition Fees. Thanks, Angela

Does this mean I won’t be eligible for another year of student finance despite the year abroad only being £1350?

Also, can I choose to pay out of pocket for the year abroad instead of using SFE?
Does this mean I won’t be eligible for another year of student finance despite the year abroad only being £1350?

Also, can I choose to pay out of pocket for the year abroad instead of using SFE?

Hi there, If the year abroad is a part of your course you will receive funding for the final year of the course. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, If the year abroad is a part of your course you will receive funding for the final year of the course. Thanks, Angela

Thanks, I know this but I am asking about whether being funded for the year abroad would count as 4 years of funding.

My first year is £9k. 2nd year - £9k. 3rd year - £1350 4th year - £9k.
Does this mean that, should I - for example - end up repeating a year, would I be eligible for a 5th year of funding as my third year only cost £1350?

Thank you :smile:
Thanks, I know this but I am asking about whether being funded for the year abroad would count as 4 years of funding.

My first year is £9k. 2nd year - £9k. 3rd year - £1350 4th year - £9k.
Does this mean that, should I - for example - end up repeating a year, would I be eligible for a 5th year of funding as my third year only cost £1350?

Thank you :smile:

If you end up repeating a year then we'd fund this if you've not repeated a year previously. Regarding the amount, this depends on the year you're repeating. If its year 4 then it would be 9K in fees. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending