The Student Room Group

Free school meals and contextual offers at oxford

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
ah yes, I also went to a state school for GCSEs and then because of my grades, I got into a slightly better school (which used to be a grammar school) for A-levels. And no, I’m applying for Oxford in the coming October as I’m going into yr13!

I actually go to a selective state school (grammar school) but have been on FSM since primary school
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi, nice to hear from you. What college did you get into? What course? I’m going to Lincoln. Ngl it probably stressed me out more than helped me. I felt like the work was quite difficult. I’m doing biochemistry and I feel like it pushed me straight into the deep end. I did the EPQ so I have som experience in reading scientific papers but even then I found it really hard to grasp.
Are the consider about gcse grades
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi, I'm on free school meals. I'm in Year 13 and have received an offer from Oxford to study this year (hopefully I'll be studying there). Unfortunately, you don't get a contextual offer in terms of a grade reduction, as they made it clear to me that all applicants are treated equally on those terms. However, my offer was under the Opportunity Oxford scheme to help prepare people like me to study at an institution like Oxford. For other universities, I didn't get any contextual offers because I think the area of London that I'm from has improved in sending ppl to uni, which was a shame. I hope this helped :smile:

May I know average gcse grade for oxford
Original post by Vasuky

That would depend on the subject you would like to study
Original post by Vasuky

Sorry for this late reply, I haven’t used the student room in a while. I didn’t actually do my GCSEs because if Covid so idk how representative this is, but I got 10 9s and an 8.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending