The Student Room Group

FSM chances?

Hello, my predicted grades are a*a*b and im looking to apply to oxford ppe (AAA), as i am on free school meals I took into account:

"If you are flagged as FSM eligible, you will automatically be identified as being within the most disadvantaged group of applicants. This means that you will be strongly recommended to be shortlisted for interview, provided that evidence suggests you are likely to achieve the conditional offer for your course, and that you perform to a suitable standard in any required admissions test." (Oxford website)

would my grades gain me access to this (provided i do well in my tsa exam?)
Unfortunately, that B means you'd technically be predicted short of the conditional offer for PPE (they go by grades, not UCAS/tariff points). I think, in all likeliness, you'd be rejected pre-interview... :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, my predicted grades are a*a*b and im looking to apply to oxford ppe (AAA), as i am on free school meals I took into account:

"If you are flagged as FSM eligible, you will automatically be identified as being within the most disadvantaged group of applicants. This means that you will be strongly recommended to be shortlisted for interview, provided that evidence suggests you are likely to achieve the conditional offer for your course, and that you perform to a suitable standard in any required admissions test." (Oxford website)

would my grades gain me access to this (provided i do well in my tsa exam?)

Since you're not predicted to meet the entry requirements, evidence does not suggest you are likely to achieve the conditional offer for the course. Oxford do not give contextual offers, so your disadvantage isn't really relevant here - why would they make you a conditional offer of AAA when you're not predicted to achieve AAA? If you're disadvantaged enough to qualify for the Astrophoria Foundation Year, then consider applying for that instead. Otherwise, your chances aren't great. There are plenty of people on FSM applying to Oxford, and they can't afford to let all of them in on that basis alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending