The Student Room Group

How competitive is trinity college Cambridge for law?

Hi everyone how competitive have previous students or anyone that knows to get in for Cambridges college Trinity college for a law degree? Additionally I’m trying to choose a college to apply too so if anyone knows of quite poor ones in terms of conditions or any great ones please do let me know as it would be great help.
I don't know about law, but any course in Trinity is super competitive... (Trinity is considered the 'best' college in Cambridge alongside Kings)
This website is good for choosing which college to pick (there are no poor condition colleges, the uni is super wealthy, own majority of land in Cambridge city centre...)
https://www.whichcambridgecollege.com/
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone how competitive have previous students or anyone that knows to get in for Cambridges college Trinity college for a law degree? Additionally I’m trying to choose a college to apply too so if anyone knows of quite poor ones in terms of conditions or any great ones please do let me know as it would be great help.

Due to the pool system, if you are a good candidate you will get a place at Cambridge anyway. Apply to the college you liked the most. If you get into one, you would have been able to get into any.
Original post by jlpd
Due to the pool system, if you are a good candidate you will get a place at Cambridge anyway. Apply to the college you liked the most. If you get into one, you would have been able to get into any.

i am a bit concerned that trinity might reject me pre-interview if there are too many strong candidates?
Original post by Anonymous #2
i am a bit concerned that trinity might reject me pre-interview if there are too many strong candidates?

Apply to Girton, Homerton or St. Catharine's.
Original post by thegeek888
Apply to Girton, Homerton or St. Catharine's.

thanks! does anyone know how competitive kings college, cambridge is for law? kings is generally quite a well-known college, but it doesn't seem so competitive for law
thanks! does anyone know how competitive kings college, cambridge is for law? kings is generally quite a well-known college, but it doesn't seem so competitive for law

It only has 5 or 6 places a year. That's why, it attracts less applicants. Most other colleges have 8 to 12 places a year.
Original post by thegeek888
It only has 5 or 6 places a year. That's why, it attracts less applicants. Most other colleges have 8 to 12 places a year.

thanks again! sorry to bother, but i am a bit surprised that magdalene college has such high application acceptance rates (i calculated according to the past years, its around 17.3%), i am surprised because it's known to be a very strong law college and many singaporeans/hong kong students apply there as its a jardine college (and those applying for the jardine scholarship are presumably very very strong students, esp given the caliber of education they receive in hk/singapore). anything i am missing? or is it a wise college to apply for that has a strong law faculty but not overly competitive?
thanks again! sorry to bother, but i am a bit surprised that magdalene college has such high application acceptance rates (i calculated according to the past years, its around 17.3%), i am surprised because it's known to be a very strong law college and many singaporeans/hong kong students apply there as its a jardine college (and those applying for the jardine scholarship are presumably very very strong students, esp given the caliber of education they receive in hk/singapore). anything i am missing? or is it a wise college to apply for that has a strong law faculty but not overly competitive?

Peterhouse has a high success rate too. So you should choose either Magdalene or Peterhouse!!! 😀
Reply 9

This year as a college, we have decided to interview all students who we believe are capable. However, after careful consideration our admissions team has decided to only give offers to students who have achieved higher than 30 in their LNAT, due to the competition.

Kind Regards,
Julie Roberts

UG Trinity Admissions
Original post by Trinity.UG
This year as a college, we have decided to interview all students who we believe are capable. However, after careful consideration our admissions team has decided to only give offers to students who have achieved higher than 30 in their LNAT, due to the competition.

Kind Regards,
Julie Roberts

UG Trinity Admissions

Is LNAT 30 and above for Trinity College, Cambridge University or Trinity College, Oxford University? 😧

Kind Regards,
Julie Roberts

UG Trinity Admissions

thank you! can I check if trinity college takes essays in the LNAT into consideration too?
Reply 12

Kind Regards,
Julie Roberts

UG Trinity Admissions

Troll post and info here is absolutely made up.
Reply 13
thank you! can I check if trinity college takes essays in the LNAT into consideration too?

The person is a troll with only 2 posts and does not work for Trinity either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending