The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Law Applicants

To anyone who currently does or did study undergraduate law at Cambridge, what do you think made your application stand out above everything, for example, was it how you answered questions in the interview or a specific point of experience (such as a competition or extensive mooting) you had?
Reply 1
Original post by test.,
To anyone who currently does or did study undergraduate law at Cambridge, what do you think made your application stand out above everything, for example, was it how you answered questions in the interview or a specific point of experience (such as a competition or extensive mooting) you had?

Your Personal Statement matters, as they have asked past interview questions about books, podcasts and especially work experience in barrister's chambers and law firms and courtrooms as well. It helps to "think out aloud" in the interviews. This is based on my reading of past posts of successful applicants.

Which college are you applying to?

What A-Levels are you taking?
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
Your Personal Statement matters, as they have asked past interview questions about books, podcasts and especially work experience in barrister's chambers and law firms and courtrooms as well. It helps to "think out aloud" in the interviews. This is based on my reading of past posts of successful applicants.

Which college are you applying to?

What A-Levels are you taking?

Thank you for your answer. I am only in year 11, so I don't know what college I would apply to, although I would like to know what aspects of the application can change depending on the college you choose?

I will be taking English Literature, Politics, Economics and Maths for A levels, and depending on how I do I may drop one in the second year.
Reply 3
Original post by test.,
Thank you for your answer. I am only in year 11, so I don't know what college I would apply to, although I would like to know what aspects of the application can change depending on the college you choose?

I will be taking English Literature, Politics, Economics and Maths for A levels, and depending on how I do I may drop one in the second year.

Here are the OFFICIAL STATISTICS for admission to Cambridge University: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics

Downing College had so many applicants, probably because they have 16 offers to make and so does Trinity College.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending