The Student Room Group

Economics at Trinity Cambridge

I got rejected, and I'm really confused. I had 5A*'s in FM Maths Physics, Economics and Chemistry and 12 9' 1 8. I knew I got at least 7.5 on the TMUA, and my PS was among the best my economics teacher had seen. Any reason why? It was probably due to the "high quality of candidates"
Original post by Anonymous
I got rejected, and I'm really confused. I had 5A*'s in FM Maths Physics, Economics and Chemistry and 12 9' 1 8. I knew I got at least 7.5 on the TMUA, and my PS was among the best my economics teacher had seen. Any reason why? It was probably due to the "high quality of candidates"

Unfortunately yes. Trinity is outrageously competitive for all the STEM/remotely STEM adjacent subjects, and that includes Economics. Are you an international student?
Reply 2
Unfortunately yes. Trinity is outrageously competitive for all the STEM/remotely STEM adjacent subjects, and that includes Economics. Are you an international student?

No I'm a home student and qualify for contextual

not even an interview???
Wow. I’m sorry. Looking online, Trinity got over 100 applicants for Economics last year and gave offers to 16, meaning about 90 people had to be rejected. I don’t know how many of those got interviews, but I’d guess maybe 50 people, in which case 40 had to be outright rejected. Unfortunately you were one of those 40. Did you consider applying to another college, or will you be trying again next year (maybe for the other place?). Trinity is famously incredibly difficult to get into for STEM.

Re-apply to Girton College, St. Catharine's College or even Jesus College at Cambridge University next year!!! 😀
Reply 6
This sounds like another troll to me. On the Cambridge thread someone has been repeatedly posting about getting rejected from Trinity Economics with ludicrously high grades e.g 6x A*. The TMUA results are not even out yet. They are also posting anonymously, which is another hint.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Sorry to hear you were rejected. With 5 A* and a reasonable PS, you were even not offered the interview?? it's not logical. The only thing I would suspect is the school/ organization that gave you the predicted grades. Is it a UK school? or an agent? I think you can email Trinity to ask the reason, it would be helpful if you want to re apply next year.
Reply 8
Original post by lalexm
This sounds like another troll to me. On the Cambridge thread someone has been repeatedly posting about getting rejected from Trinity Economics with ludicrously high grades e.g 6x A*. The TMUA results are not even out yet. They are also posting anonymously, which is another hint.

Totally agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending