The Student Room Group

missed work today!! will i get fired?

i just started working as a barista but i missed my second ever shift today, it’s definitely my fault for forgetting. the shift wasn’t on the schedule app thing where all the others are, and i completely forgot that my manager asked me to come in that day. he’s messaged me and i’ve responded explaining this and apologising but it’s just been left on read, i’m really nervous that i’m going to get fired, this is my first ever job. any advice / what do you think will happen? thanks!
Reply 1
don’t worry, you’re not gonna get fired. your manager will understand because you’re new :smile:
by the looks of how worried you are about it, i’m sure you won’t do it again so it probably won’t get to the point where you’ll be fired
Reply 2
thank you this made me feel sm better, they haven’t replied still yet but hopefully it’ll all be ok!

Original post by flabman
don’t worry, you’re not gonna get fired. your manager will understand because you’re new :smile:
by the looks of how worried you are about it, i’m sure you won’t do it again so it probably won’t get to the point where you’ll be fired
Reply 3
Hope all is ok :smile:

Feel free to reach out for support :smile:
Reply 4
everything was all good! thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by toffeebunny3
everything was all good! thanks :smile:

So glad things went well. hope you're good :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by foggystable
hey, would you recommend being a barista? im 16 and looking to find a job, i am really interested in becoming a barista or something like that, but im so scared for some reason. do you think it’s worth a go?

You should give it a shot. If you give it your all, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending