The Student Room Group

Gettign withdrawn and its only 4 weeks

I am a student at warwick University studying law.i haven't attended any of the seminars in 4 weeks due to my anxiety and felt as though i didn't have a support system.I finallu got an email telling me to vacate and got a hold of my department that then said they dont believe i am able to catch up after missing 4 weeks.Honestly this was my wake up call and i do want to continue and this situation has definetly made me see i am willing to put the time and hour.The course hasnt assessed me on anything yet.Prior this decison i got two emails alerting me on my attendance.I can see they have removed my course dashboard and reading so i think i might be withdrawn.However my only hope is to beg the course administrator this Monday as we have a meeting she did say today she doesnt think i am able to continue but since i begged she said she might reflect.I am in distress and really want to continue ny studies whilst also gettign support from the wellbeing team.What do i even do at this point.
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
There's not much you can do until you hear what they say in the meeting.

To me, the withdrawal seems fair and proportionate.
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
There's not much you can do until you hear what they say in the meeting.

To me, the withdrawal seems fair and proportionate.

honestly i am clutching at straws and hoping somehow i am able to convince her to rewrite the withdrawal
Bump
Reply 5
Original post by Perksofmira17
Bump

Original post by Anonymous
Bump

Stop bumping threads, its a sure fire way to annoy potential posters and comes across as needy. There have already been replies, 11pm is not exactly most peoples busiest or most active times. Give the thread a chance without artificially promoting it.

Greg
As above, we can’t advise anything until you’ve had the meeting.

Be honest about your circumstances and what you’re doing to remedy them. Begging isn’t the route to go down.
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
As above, we can’t advise anything until you’ve had the meeting.
what you’re doing to remedy them. Begging isn’t the route to go down.

Noted at the moment during the weekend i want to catch up on most of my modules and atleast present the fact that i am able to catch up and continue to work hard in the future
Original post by Perksofmira17
I am a student at warwick University studying law.i haven't attended any of the seminars in 4 weeks due to my anxiety and felt as though i didn't have a support system.I finallu got an email telling me to vacate and got a hold of my department that then said they dont believe i am able to catch up after missing 4 weeks.Honestly this was my wake up call and i do want to continue and this situation has definetly made me see i am willing to put the time and hour.The course hasnt assessed me on anything yet.Prior this decison i got two emails alerting me on my attendance.I can see they have removed my course dashboard and reading so i think i might be withdrawn.However my only hope is to beg the course administrator this Monday as we have a meeting she did say today she doesnt think i am able to continue but since i begged she said she might reflect.I am in distress and really want to continue ny studies whilst also gettign support from the wellbeing team.What do i even do at this point.

I saw that you used to be at QMUL. Did you withdraw from there before Warwick?
I don’t know what is done explicitly at Warwick but I am a MSc student at UWE (also did my BSc there (graduated 5 years ago and got some experience in the NHS before going back to do said MSc in Biomedical Science).

At UWE, it is explicitly drilled into us from DAY ONE that if we fall back as little as 2 weeks, let alone 4, it’s grounds for considering us for termination of the course as two weeks worth of work is simply too much to catch up on, let alone 4.

Sorry to say, I see where your course leader is coming from.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
I don’t know what is done explicitly at Warwick but I am a MSc student at UWE (also did my BSc there (graduated 5 years ago and got some experience in the NHS before going back to do said MSc in Biomedical Science).

At UWE, it is explicitly drilled into us from DAY ONE that if we fall back as little as 2 weeks, let alone 4, it’s grounds for considering us for termination of the course as two weeks worth of work is simply too much to catch up on, let alone 4.

Sorry to say, I see where your course leader is coming from.

I understand too but so far i am taking the weekend out to catch up so far I have done all the 4 week readings of 1 module and have 3 to go.I will let the course leader know i have caught up and intend to be on top of work
Reply 11
People bumping threads doesn't bother me. It might be against some sort of TSR rule though but otherwise I'm not irritated by bumps. It doesn't matter if you come across as needy imo (if you did).
I wish you luck with it all, OP. Hopefully things will work out for you.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Cote1
People bumping threads doesn't bother me. It might be against some sort of TSR rule though but otherwise I'm not irritated by bumps. It doesn't matter if you come across as needy imo (if you did).
I wish you luck with it all, OP. Hopefully things will work out for you.

Thank you as you can tell i was frantic and i apologise if i bothered anyone.i just hope all works out in my favour
what happened in the end?
that seems harsh to terminate u without speaking to you in person...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending