The Student Room Group

Defer/Retake Year

Hi,

I have recently failed my second year of uni - I went through lots of medical and personal issues which effected my studies. By april I realised I was going to fail so asked my tutor what my options were. He recommended repeating the year - he also said to make it easier for me to apply for this, I shouldn't hand in my remaining projects.
Now that I am trying to apply, I've noticed a lot of inconsistencies and contradictions between uni departments and have failed to get straight helpful answers.
I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this and if someone could advise me on my options because my uni is no help.

In an ideal world, I'd just retake my failed projects/modules at the same time as the new second years so I can then complete my final year in 24/25 academic year. (I'm not entirely sure what this would be classes as or even if its a possible route to take)

Any advice or info of others experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
What you're asking about here is "concurrent study" - taking modules from different levels at the same time. Diferent unis have different rules on this, so you must check the Academic Regulations at your uni to see what they are. Even if it is permitted, there will be restrictions on how many modules/credits can be taken concurrently.
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
What you're asking about here is "concurrent study" - taking modules from different levels at the same time. Diferent unis have different rules on this, so you must check the Academic Regulations at your uni to see what they are. Even if it is permitted, there will be restrictions on how many modules/credits can be taken concurrently.

Thank you soooo much!
It’s great to put a name to it so I can ask about it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending