The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades as a Resit Candidate

Hello I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens if you apply as a resit candidate with no predicted grades?
I have a feeling that my A-levels didn't go as planned and am considering retaking them. I already went to my teacher and she has said I can retake them at my old school but they cannot give predicted grades as I am not being taught by them. This means that my UCAS would not have predicted grades but I have been told that was quite common in resit candidates.
My worry is that they will reject me if I don't have predicted grades as I am thinking of applying to science courses which usually have higher entry requirements ranging from like BBC to AAA.
Does anyone have any insight or has gone through this process before be able to help me understand what would happen?
Reply 1
I’m in the exact same position bump
For resit candidates you either:

Ask your previous school if they'll provide them, (they often won't)

Ask a private tutor if they'll provide them, (either via liaising with your previous school if still using their buzzword, or directly if applying independently and nominating the tutor as your ref)

Apply without any predictions, which is normal for private resit candidates and very few unis have any issue with

Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
For resit candidates you either:

Ask your previous school if they'll provide them, (they often won't)

Ask a private tutor if they'll provide them, (either via liaising with your previous school if still using their buzzword, or directly if applying independently and nominating the tutor as your ref)

Apply without any predictions, which is normal for private resit candidates and very few unis have any issue with

This is great guidance. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending