The Student Room Group

Universities that don't allow a-level resits

Hi,
Im currently resitting one of my A-levels and I'm beginning to redo my UCAs application. I know that some universities don't accept students that have/are resitting a-levels. Does anyone know which Universities don't allow resits? I know that University of Leeds don't allow them but for many other Russell group Universities I've found it really difficult to find out their policies.
Don't know if this is useful information but, I am only resitting one A-level as opposed to all three. Also, my initial grade in the subject wasn't bad (it was a C) however I would like to try and achieve a better grade - will my old grade affect the application as I didn't fail but I know I can do better.
TIA
Where have you seen that Leeds won’t accept resits?

I don’t know of any uk universities with a blanket refusal to consider resit applicants. Some universities will discourage applications for specific subjects from resit applicants.
Reply 2
Just email each of your intended Unis and ask.
I find it difficult to believe there would be an outright policy not allowing candidates who re-sit.
After all, lower grades might have been achieved by those who suffered ill health, family bereavement or other mitigating factors
after applying and receiving predicted grades but still decided to take the exam and do their best.

Quick Reply

Latest