The Student Room Group

Never give up your dreams/goal. Do what you want

This is a random post. But hopefully, it helps someone. At the start of year 12, I wanted to do math, further math (FM) and physics. However, my math teacher who isn't even my FM teacher didn't want me to do the subject since he thought I wasn't "good enough" and said to me to "give up on my dreams and change them" to my face. Even though I got a grade an 8 in maths for GCSE which is need to do it. Even the head of maths said I should listen to what they telling me. The almost whole math department was against me doing it. Despite the fact, I proved them wrong before during GCSE. I could tell since then they never liked me. Except for my actual FM teacher and a few others. But instead of listening to them, I worked hard to prove them wrong.

Almost a year has passed since then and I ended up getting an A in FM one of the highest in the class. This should show that you should NEVER listen to what anyone tells you. Only stop doing something when you TRULY think you can not do it. Never concede/abide by the limits that someone puts on you. Despite how much they may think they know you (I had him for 2 years). As hard work can allow you to push far beyond those expectations (plus the feeling of proving them wrong feels great). This doesn't just apply to education. But to anything you plan on doing in the future. As long as you work hard anything is possible.
Reply 1
this is unbelievable timing, i have picked maths, fm and physics as 3 of my 4 for September and have been intensely doubting myself for the last few weeks! this was genuinely the sign I needed to follow through, I'll likely be the only one taking FM at my school getting an 8 rather than a 9 at GCSE maths and felt a little out of place at the taster day. thank you so much and good luck for your future!
Reply 2
Original post by penee_925
this is unbelievable timing, i have picked maths, fm and physics as 3 of my 4 for September and have been intensely doubting myself for the last few weeks! this was genuinely the sign I needed to follow through, I'll likely be the only one taking FM at my school getting an 8 rather than a 9 at GCSE maths and felt a little out of place at the taster day. thank you so much and good luck for your future!

Thank you and I'm glad it helped you. Good luck too you as well for your future. Just make sure you work hard and you WILL succeed.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest