The Student Room Group

muslims reply pls!

hi so basically i would like some advice i feel very disconnected with God
whenever i was something really bad i make dua and pray for it nonstop and i never seem to get it, heres some examples

there was 2 unis i was interested in that required A*AA predicted and i was praying non stop for that to happen and ended up with AAA. i was upset but thought that God has a better plan for me even tho they were my dream unis

then i pray make dua and basically cry myself to sleep for a high ucat (as well as 6 weeks of practise) and i was asking God for 2700 and i got 2490 . it seems this is not a coincidence or a test but i just dont understand how this can happen. am i doing something wrong?

i feel so lost and upset, why isnt God asnwering prayers, am i not worthy of my dream life :frown:
idk what to do, i pray 5 times a day but when i feel like way i end up praying them later than usual due to this feeling of not being connected
Your dream is to work for £14/hr in the arse end of nowhere as an F1, if you even get a job, because foundation jobs will no longer be guaranteed to medical school graduates? And to then fight tooth and nail for a specialty training job somewhere in the country, to only then not get any training because PAs and ANPs are being prioritised?

Medicine in this country is not what it used to be and not the lucrative career you are dreaming of. Take this as a sign that you can do better with your life. Good luck.
Reply 2
Hi, i understand what you i mean as i also feel disconnected from God but i feel like sometimes go the way we and that is just life. your prayers were not directly answered but Allah may have answered them in a different way, maybe your new plans will be so much better than the ones you were set on previously, but because you don't know what will happen you are left wondering if you are not worthy and that all of your efforts are not seen. I went through something similar to you as i also wanted to study medicine and prayed so hard and was consistent with tahjudd and still my ucat was low and my grades were low despite my efforts academically and within religion. but now i am ind of grateful that it went that way because i was so miserable throughout all of it but couldn't recognise it because i was so focused on reaching my goals in the timeframe that i set for my self because to me it was the only way. i would sit praying crying until i felt sick and nothing would change, i would wonder if Allah was ignoring me but i realised that i may not get everything i pray and work for as that would be too easy. and even if i don't get them there are other wins that i have and that i am getting. My advice would be to keep having faith and still try to keep up with prayers because you never know when you may need them. Try to have faith that good things will come maybe not in the exact way that you expected but they will come. I know first hand that it is not easy and it is difficult when everything is falling apart despite the fact that you are trying with religion but all i can say is continue to try and that i inshallah great things will happen to you. also your grades were amazing they may not have been what you expected or worked towards but none the less you did well and you can not change your grades now so just be proud that you actually did that and smashed your exams.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
hi so basically i would like some advice i feel very disconnected with God
whenever i was something really bad i make dua and pray for it nonstop and i never seem to get it, heres some examples

there was 2 unis i was interested in that required A*AA predicted and i was praying non stop for that to happen and ended up with AAA. i was upset but thought that God has a better plan for me even tho they were my dream unis

then i pray make dua and basically cry myself to sleep for a high ucat (as well as 6 weeks of practise) and i was asking God for 2700 and i got 2490 . it seems this is not a coincidence or a test but i just dont understand how this can happen. am i doing something wrong?

i feel so lost and upset, why isnt God asnwering prayers, am i not worthy of my dream life :frown:
idk what to do, i pray 5 times a day but when i feel like way i end up praying them later than usual due to this feeling of not being connected

As a Muslim myself I understand how you feel, I have thought the same too at times. But realistically God won't always be able to make your wishes come true - why? Because everything happens for a reason and if God answered all our prayers, well..it would be an intense world to live in.

A few years back I had a similar uni situation - I was rejected from my dream uni which I prayed hard for I was so upset so I went to a different uni. I'm studying now and am in my final year - but getting rejected from my dream uni lead me to take a gap year in which I experienced an extreme amount of personal growth and changed my degree choice to something that truly represents me - I've smashed my academics and career wise I'm doing insanely well and have had opportunities I couldn't even dream of and have met such amazing people - I've made my parents proud. Without a doubt I couldn't have done any of these things if I went to my dream uni - because I wouldn't have had the time to do all this with all the commuting I would have had to do.

God lead me to take this path and for that I am grateful, when things get difficult it's then that our faith gets tested - but just because one route didn't work out, it doesn't mean you can't take an alternate path to your goal which may work out better for you. Frankly the AAA grades sound phenomenal - I don't want to come across as rude, but it's barely much of a difference between what you wanted? Your Ucat grade sounds really good too - but OP truth is academics isn't everything and you are more than this - people often say focus on what you have not what you lack, you've still got so much more to life and I truly hope you feel better soon and things work out in your favour.

Good Luck
Original post by Anonymous
Your dream is to work for £14/hr in the arse end of nowhere as an F1, if you even get a job, because foundation jobs will no longer be guaranteed to medical school graduates? And to then fight tooth and nail for a specialty training job somewhere in the country, to only then not get any training because PAs and ANPs are being prioritised?

Medicine in this country is not what it used to be and not the lucrative career you are dreaming of. Take this as a sign that you can do better with your life. Good luck.

she might mean dentistry lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending