The Student Room Group

resitting a levels

I got CDD in my a levels even though I worked my ass off , especially for chem which is close to an E ( 1 mark off ) . i am wondering if resitting is worth it considering i worked so hard I'm scared that even though i put in my all it wont be enough because maybe i have reached my limit for chemistry and there is no way for me understand it / get better. considering i had private tuition on the subject it is very concerning i couldn't even manage a C .
Reply 1
Original post by $of1a
I got CDD in my a levels even though I worked my ass off , especially for chem which is close to an E ( 1 mark off ) . i am wondering if resitting is worth it considering i worked so hard I'm scared that even though i put in my all it wont be enough because maybe i have reached my limit for chemistry and there is no way for me understand it / get better. considering i had private tuition on the subject it is very concerning i couldn't even manage a C .

What subjects besides chemistry did you take, and what do you wish to pursue?
Original post by $of1a

Do you have any offers from universities? Have you applied through clearing?
Reply 3
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't achieve the results you were hoping for in your A-levels, especially in chemistry. It's natural to feel disappointed and frustrated when you've put in a lot of effort and didn't achieve the outcome you expected. However, it's important to remember that exam results don't define your worth or potential.
Here are a few things to consider when deciding whether to resit your A-levels:

Assess Your Progress: Reflect on your study strategies and exam preparation. Did you identify any areas where you struggled? Were there specific topics or concepts that were particularly challenging? Identifying these areas can help you create a more targeted study plan if you decide to resit.

Seek Feedback: Talk to your teachers or tutors about your performance if possible. They can provide insights into your strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas for improvement. They also offer advice on how to approach your resit studies.

Set Realistic Goals: If you decide to resit, set clear and achievable goals for yourself. Instead of aiming for a perfect score, focus on improving your understanding of the subjects and striving for gradual improvement.

Study Strategy: If you need help with chemistry, consider adjusting your study approach. Experiment with different study methods, such as creating flashcards, practising with past papers, explaining concepts to someone else, or seeking additional resources online.

Time Commitment: Resitting exams can be time-consuming, so think about whether you can dedicate the time required for focused studying.

Emotional Well-being: Consider your emotional well-being and stress levels. If the thought of resitting exams is causing you excessive stress or anxiety, it's essential to prioritize your mental health.

Explore Alternatives: Remember that there are multiple pathways to achieving your goals. If sitting the exams again isn't the right path for you, there might be alternative routes to the career or education path you're interested in.

Remember, one set of exam results doesn't define your abilities or potential. If you decide to resit your A-levels, do so with a positive mindset, open to learning from your previous experience and striving for improvement. Alternatively, if you choose not to resit, explore other options and paths that align with your interests and strengths.
Original post by Shelly Wang
Do you have any offers from universities? Have you applied through clearing?

I don't think it's worth resitting your A levels. If you've worked to the best of your abilities and those are the grades you can achieve, there's really no point redoing them again. Have you considered doing a foundation year at university?

Quick Reply

Latest