The Student Room Group

I am planning to retake ALL my GCSE exams, but there are things I'm not certain abou

Should I resit my English and maths exams in November or wait till Summer 2024? (I passed these subjects but I still want to get a better grade)
Can I take exams in some subjects with a different exam board to the ones I did prior?
Can I not resit a subject (in my case business as I had to do coursework)?
Can I do exams for other subjects?
Reply 1
Original post by _ag.06
Should I resit my English and maths exams in November or wait till Summer 2024? (I passed these subjects but I still want to get a better grade)
Can I take exams in some subjects with a different exam board to the ones I did prior?
Can I not resit a subject (in my case business as I had to do coursework)?
Can I do exams for other subjects?

Well, you want to resit English and Maths and saying you have passed them which means a Grade 5.I think and ask yourself do you know all the content or not? If do and only think you just need to do a quick refresh of the content than do it on Nov. If not and think you need to work and revise more do it in Summer 2024.

Ask your exam officer in school about talking different exam board for other subjects.

Yes, you can do exam for other subjects I think you will need to pay for that.
Reply 2
Original post by QueenOla
Well, you want to resit English and Maths and saying you have passed them which means a Grade 5.I think and ask yourself do you know all the content or not? If do and only think you just need to do a quick refresh of the content than do it on Nov. If not and think you need to work and revise more do it in Summer 2024.

Ask your exam officer in school about talking different exam board for other subjects.

Yes, you can do exam for other subjects I think you will need to pay for that.

Oh ok, thank you so much for the advice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by _ag.06
Oh ok, thank you so much for the advice :smile:

you are welcome
What grades did you achieve? No point resitting everything if they're good enough as it is

Quick Reply

Latest