The Student Room Group

Given minimum amount despite household income?

Hi, am having a bit of a panic over this. I’ve been given the minimum loan for a student outside London and away from home, despite the household income which should’ve awarded around £5,271.

Im also on benefits and received an email about uploading evidence for extra support, but don’t have the option to upload this except more evidence for my DSA application.

Panicking because idk if i can afford to go now lmao.
When did you submit household income information?

SFE will award the minimum loan amount first and then will adjust that ~6 weeks later when they have done the household income assessment
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
When did you submit household income information?

SFE will award the minimum loan amount first and then will adjust that ~6 weeks later when they have done the household income assessment

It way back in March/April when the household info was uploaded and I received the letter about the minimum loan in the start of May, been a bit longer than 6 weeks aha which is a worry
Original post by Bolognacoffee
It way back in March/April when the household info was uploaded and I received the letter about the minimum loan in the start of May, been a bit longer than 6 weeks aha which is a worry

Was everything required provided? Evidence of single status?

You should be able to use the chat function when you’re logged into SFE to ask if your household income has been assessed (and explain what you expected it to be)
Reply 4
Okie dokie, will do. I believe everything was required, I’ll chat with them aha. Thanks :smile:
Okie dokie, will do. I believe everything was required, I’ll chat with them aha. Thanks :smile:

Hi there,

Were you able to get through to an advisor yesterday?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Hi,

Yeah, had a look though the account and it all made sense in the end :smile:

Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Were you able to get through to an advisor yesterday?

Thanks, Graeme
Hi,

Yeah, had a look though the account and it all made sense in the end :smile:

Hi there, That's great. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending