The Student Room Group

should i restart my sfe application?

i applied when it first opened back in march, but i messed up the application so when i was trying to upload sponsorship info it wouldn't work. finally managed to get it to work and uploaded evidence for my sponsor only for sfe to get back to me and say they're giving me the min amount which is not great as i was planning to move out for uni.
called and they said they assessed without my sponsor, so i only got min amount and they told me to upload the info onto my account. ive been through this countless times and each time i'm told the exact same thing. anyways, on results day i got rejected from my firm (which was local so i would've been fine w min amount) and i got into my insurance, so i need to move out.
called them and they sent the pff2 form me to fill out and i uploaded it to my account like they said, but tell me why i just checked and they're still giving me the minimum amount?????? should i just withdraw this application and start a new one? my course doesn't start till late september so i should get approved just before my course is due to start.
Reply 1
Original post by cert.badz12
i applied when it first opened back in march, but i messed up the application so when i was trying to upload sponsorship info it wouldn't work. finally managed to get it to work and uploaded evidence for my sponsor only for sfe to get back to me and say they're giving me the min amount which is not great as i was planning to move out for uni.
called and they said they assessed without my sponsor, so i only got min amount and they told me to upload the info onto my account. ive been through this countless times and each time i'm told the exact same thing. anyways, on results day i got rejected from my firm (which was local so i would've been fine w min amount) and i got into my insurance, so i need to move out.
called them and they sent the pff2 form me to fill out and i uploaded it to my account like they said, but tell me why i just checked and they're still giving me the minimum amount?????? should i just withdraw this application and start a new one? my course doesn't start till late september so i should get approved just before my course is due to start.

You'd be best asking about timescales in the Ask Student Finance England forum (assuming you're in England) as they can probably advise on the timescales for your PFF2 form being processed.

Bear in mind that they probably don't have lots of people sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for work to come in, so it can take days (or even weeks) at busy times to process incoming information.

Do not start a new application. It will be processed but takes some time to do so.
(edited 8 months ago)

It takes 6-8 weeks usually for a household income assessment to be completed. At that stage your loan amount will be increased.

If you know that your household income is low enough that your loan amount will increase then it might be worth investigating student bank accounts with a generous interest free overdraft that you can use to tide you over if you have a few weeks at the start of your course before the higher amount comes through.

If you cancel and start again then it will normally take 6-8 weeks for even the minimum amount to be approved - so whatever you do don’t cancel your application!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending