The Student Room Group

What to do if you want a min loan after applying for max maintenance loan?

I applied for max maintenance loan but parents cant provide their financial information and it just aint happening. What happens if I start going to university and just dont change any details.
I've already applied, bank details, identity, national insurance number.
Original post by Micheal Mill
I applied for max maintenance loan but parents cant provide their financial information and it just aint happening. What happens if I start going to university and just dont change any details.
I've already applied, bank details, identity, national insurance number.

When your application is approved it will be for the minimum maintenance loan, you don't need to do anything :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by vapordave
When your application is approved it will be for the minimum maintenance loan, you don't need to do anything :smile:

How do you know? Is that what you went through or a friend?
How do you know? Is that what you went through or a friend?

I went through this, my financial information was incomplete so my application was approved with minimum maintenance loan
Reply 4
I went through this, my financial information was incomplete so my application was approved with minimum maintenance loan

Yh thats what I thought would happen. Ik theres a Maintenance Loan Request Form you can put in but I don't have two contacts that live in different addresses to put on it so that would cause issues too. Think I'll just leave it alone and check when Uni starts if everything is fine. Thx
Yh thats what I thought would happen. Ik theres a Maintenance Loan Request Form you can put in but I don't have two contacts that live in different addresses to put on it so that would cause issues too. Think I'll just leave it alone and check when Uni starts if everything is fine. Thx

Have you called SFE? They might be able to give more straightforward advice over the phone.
Reply 6
Have you called SFE? They might be able to give more straightforward advice over the phone.

I have a woman said you can fill out a form and mail it but I cant provide two contact details that live in different addresses. I may have to call back and ask directly if I could just do nothing and it'll change to minimum tho
I have a woman said you can fill out a form and mail it but I cant provide two contact details that live in different addresses. I may have to call back and ask directly if I could just do nothing and it'll change to minimum tho

Hi Micheal Mill,

If you originally requested the application to be means tested (on household income) and no longer wish this, you can put this in a letter and upload it online in yuor account under the evidence upload option. This links shows you how to upload here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk
The team will then remore this from your application and approved the basic finance.

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Micheal Mill,
If you originally requested the application to be means tested (on household income) and no longer wish this, you can put this in a letter and upload it online in yuor account under the evidence upload option. This links shows you how to upload here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk
The team will then remore this from your application and approved the basic finance.
Thanks,
Claire

I thought every student finance application is means tested and it is based on parental/household income ?
Original post by ilovelemons
I thought every student finance application is means tested and it is based on parental/household income ?

Hi,

If you apply for it to be Means Tested then it would be assessed for that but if we don't receive any income then it would be the minimum amount.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending