The Student Room Group

Not letting me apply

I’m currently trying to apply for student finance. I failed one module in first year so i had to take a year out to resit the module. I have now passed first year provisionally and i am trying to reapply for my student finance for second year, i had already done this for last year but didn’t realise i wouldn’t be going back so my application was marked “withdrawn”, and when reapply now my course does not appear, I’m trying to apply for finance for Photography and Video (3yrs) *Year 1&2* However it’s only showing up with *Year 3*. I called up Student Finance about this but the lady said she doesn’t know why and that i should submit a paper form, which i sent and it got rejected for being incorrect as they said i’m classed a “new student” and filled out the wrong form.
Is this correct? and Is there a way i can apply online for my course?
Original post by amories
I’m currently trying to apply for student finance. I failed one module in first year so i had to take a year out to resit the module. I have now passed first year provisionally and i am trying to reapply for my student finance for second year, i had already done this for last year but didn’t realise i wouldn’t be going back so my application was marked “withdrawn”, and when reapply now my course does not appear, I’m trying to apply for finance for Photography and Video (3yrs) *Year 1&2* However it’s only showing up with *Year 3*. I called up Student Finance about this but the lady said she doesn’t know why and that i should submit a paper form, which i sent and it got rejected for being incorrect as they said i’m classed a “new student” and filled out the wrong form.
Is this correct? and Is there a way i can apply online for my course?

Hi there, If you withdrew from the previous academic year you would need to reapply as a New student, as this indicates that you would not be returning to the course at a later date. If this is incorrect the university would need to inform us that the Withdrawal was an error and you were actually Suspended your study and resuming the course at a later date. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending