The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Official University of East Anglia (UEA) 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of East Anglia (UEA) for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Hi :smile:
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
UEA Rep Lucy
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Hey!
I've applied for Liberal Arts.
I study: History, Politics, Psychology, and an EPQ
Hi!
Applying for computing science with a foundation year - went to an open day today. UEA is my top choice.
Currently studying English lit, history and Criminology (which is why I'm doing a foundation year) :smile:
Original post by SquirrelPatronus
Hi!
Applying for computing science with a foundation year - went to an open day today. UEA is my top choice.
Currently studying English lit, history and Criminology (which is why I'm doing a foundation year) :smile:

Hi @SquirrelPatronus :h:

So pleased to hear you found the open day beneficial! Did you explore Norwich at all? Wishing you the best of luck with your application! If you have any questions at all please feel free to let one of us know and we'll be happy to help.

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies
(edited 1 year ago)
i applied for speech and language therapy about 5 days ago.
today I've been put on hold.
Original post by JJrevises
i applied for speech and language therapy about 5 days ago.
today I've been put on hold.

Hey @JJrevises :smile:

We sympathise with how disheartening this can be but we're under the impression that this is simply a precaution to ensure every student's application when applying to the course is fairly looked at due to the competitive nature of it and therefore the University will wait until the applications have closed before reviewing them. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]!

Hope this helps!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
Hi!

Hello @SquirrelPatronus
How did you find the open day?! :smile:
That is amazing! And so exciting!
If you have any questions about UEA please let us know!
UEA Rep Lucy :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of East Anglia (UEA) for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?
You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi 🙂
Applied for the BSc Adult Nursing course as a mature student. Interview on Monday. Currently doing my Access to Nursing course.
Original post by Soid6670
Hi 🙂
Applied for the BSc Adult Nursing course as a mature student. Interview on Monday. Currently doing my Access to Nursing course.

Hi @Soid6670 :h:

Wishing you the very best of luck for your interview on Monday! We hope it goes well. If you have any questions about UEA or being a student in Norwich, please do feel free to let one of us know!

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Soid6670
Hi 🙂

Congratulations @Soid6670. [br] and good luck on the interview!! [br] UEA Rep Lucy [s]smile[/s]
Reply 11
Hello,

I am applying for the English with Creative Writing course.

Will there be an applicant open day in 2023 as I couldn't make it to the open day?

Everyone I've met has had a great time at UEA so I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.
Original post by j0mezz
Hello,

I am applying for the English with Creative Writing course.

Will there be an applicant open day in 2023 as I couldn't make it to the open day?

Everyone I've met has had a great time at UEA so I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Hey @j0mezz!

I’m glad to hear that you've heard great things about UEA and met some people from UEA already! Our community is definitely one of the best parts about the University, you'll find yourself bumping into people you know all the time on campus :h:

We have campus tours running throughout December, they're really similar to Open Days as you can get a feel of the University and have the chance to take a look at our wonderfully green campus and still hear from students and staff! You can book your place here. As for Applicant Days, these typically run from January to early May and are exclusive to offer-holders. The University normally get in touch with you in December 2022 - find out more here!

I hope this helps and do let me know if you have any other questions!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership) :smile:
Reply 13
Has anyone heard back about offers yet?
Original post by lelkat

I haven't heard back yet though didn't apply that long ago.
When did you submit your application (and what for?). Good luck either way!
Original post by lelkat

Hey @lelkat :smile:

Best of luck with your application!!

Let me know if you have any questions about UEA or Uni life in general :smile:
I haven't heard back yet though didn't apply that long ago.
When did you submit your application (and what for?). Good luck either way!

Hey @SquirrelPatronus!

Good luck with your application!! What have you applied for at UEA? :smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Original post by UEA Rep Isabella
Hey @SquirrelPatronus!

Good luck with your application!! What have you applied for at UEA? :smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I applied for computing science 5 days ago! With a foundation year because I don't have any maths related A-Levels.

I know it's only been 5 days but it's nerve wracking checking my emails every 27 seconds for an email. UEA is my top choice and I'm 2 grades above for each requirement but I'm still absolutely terrified as this is the only place I can picture myself now.

It would help if I didn't see a post of someone who applied to the exact same course and got an offer in 6 days 😂 I might actually descend into madness if I don't get one tomorrow.
Can anyone advise me about medical interview selection
I achieved 2950 SJ2 in UCAT
I have 9 x grade 9 and 1 x grade 7 at GCSE
I am retaking one A level in Chemistry as I achieved grade B

I have not heard anything yet :frown:
Hi! I’ve applied for Paramedic Science at UEA and received an offer this morning! So exciting!

I’m currently studying an Access to Health Professions diploma :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending