The Student Room Group

Over payment

Hi Student Finance,

I have a question from a friend who is too scared to ask, so here goes. They enrolled on a masters course and dropped out just before Christmas due to declining mental health challenges. Now they had received payment for the rest of the year. I believe this is now considered an over payment.

They would like to start a new masters in September, as they're in a much better position mentally. Now would they have to pay back any over payment even if they had mental health challenges at the time? If these payments couldn't be met what would the options be?!

Thanks,

James
Original post by jamestothened
Hi Student Finance,

I have a question from a friend who is too scared to ask, so here goes. They enrolled on a masters course and dropped out just before Christmas due to declining mental health challenges. Now they had received payment for the rest of the year. I believe this is now considered an over payment.

They would like to start a new masters in September, as they're in a much better position mentally. Now would they have to pay back any over payment even if they had mental health challenges at the time? If these payments couldn't be met what would the options be?!

Thanks,

James

Hi James, We would advise your friend contacts us to discuss further as if there is an overpayment further funding would not be available for further study of another Masters. The funding would need to repaid. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Thank you Angela for such a quick response. I will relay the message, thank you.
Original post by jamestothened
Thank you Angela for such a quick response. I will relay the message, thank you.

Hi James, You are more than welcome. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending