The Student Room Group

Student finance- uni withdrawal appeal

Please can someone advise…. I was withdrawn from uni due to missing so many lessons due to child care issues as I’m on maternity leave from work also. I was not advised from uni the avenues I could have taken- e.g study break or leave of absence. I now have reliable childcare going forward. I submitted my appeal but am yet to hear back from uni. Uni are yet to notify SFE of my withdrawal. Will they hold fire until I get the appeal outcome. I don’t want SFE notified as it will affect further funding and I desperately want to continue my studies. My next payment is 15th Jan and I was withdrawn 1/11/23. Please please can someone advise?
Original post by Kimbrown1401
Please can someone advise…. I was withdrawn from uni due to missing so many lessons due to child care issues as I’m on maternity leave from work also. I was not advised from uni the avenues I could have taken- e.g study break or leave of absence. I now have reliable childcare going forward. I submitted my appeal but am yet to hear back from uni. Uni are yet to notify SFE of my withdrawal. Will they hold fire until I get the appeal outcome. I don’t want SFE notified as it will affect further funding and I desperately want to continue my studies. My next payment is 15th Jan and I was withdrawn 1/11/23. Please please can someone advise?

Hi there, Your university will not withhold the withdrawal notification until the Appeal has been assessed. If they send us the notification after the payment has been released you will need to repay the payment as this will be classed as an overpayment. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
How long do universities take to notify sfe then? As it has been over 2 months now ?
How long do universities take to notify sfe then? As it has been over 2 months now ?

Hi there, They should send notification as soon as they have withdrawn a student from a course. It may be worth contacting them for an update. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
I have just spoke to uni who contacted fees and funding. Uni have not yet sent the withdrawal request to sfe. My payment is due next week. But the advisor I spoke with stated that it can take 20 days for sfe to recieve it ? So will I be paid and then be in debt to sfe?
I have just spoke to uni who contacted fees and funding. Uni have not yet sent the withdrawal request to sfe. My payment is due next week. But the advisor I spoke with stated that it can take 20 days for sfe to recieve it ? So will I be paid and then be in debt to sfe?

Hi there,To avoid being overpaid you can call us on 0300 100 0607 and request the payment to be blocked to prevent any overpayment. Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there,To avoid being overpaid you can call us on 0300 100 0607 and request the payment to be blocked to prevent any overpayment. Thanks, Angela

My sfe status has now changed from ready to be paid to awaiting confirmation? Any idea why?
My sfe status has now changed from ready to be paid to awaiting confirmation? Any idea why?

Hi Kim,

We don't have account access over social media to check this. You would need to contact us either using live chat on your account or call us on 0300 100 0607

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Kim,

We don't have account access over social media to check this. You would need to contact us either using live chat on your account or call us on 0300 100 0607

Thanks,
Claire

It was just a query really as to why it has gone from payment ready to awaiting confirmation
It was just a query really as to why it has gone from payment ready to awaiting confirmation

There is numerous reasons why it may have changed, so without seeing the account we can't confirm the reason.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending