The Student Room Group

home fees

helllooo I just need some clarification on the following text when they say "they have lived in the UK for at least the three years before the start of their course." do they mean RIGHT before the beginning of the course or just 3 years in general
"European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss nationals, and their family members, who have been granted settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, will be eligible for home fee status and student support on broadly the same basis as before Brexit.
For example, those who have been granted settled status (and Irish citizens, who are treated automatically as settled) will generally be eligible for home fee status and tuition fee and maintenance loans if they have lived in the UK for at least the three years before the start of their course."
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by spam44
helllooo I just need some clarification on the following text when they say "they have lived in the UK for at least the three years before the start of their course." do they mean RIGHT before the beginning of the course or just 3 years in general
"European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss nationals, and their family members, who have been granted settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, will be eligible for home fee status and student support on broadly the same basis as before Brexit.
For example, those who have been granted settled status (and Irish citizens, who are treated automatically as settled) will generally be eligible for home fee status and tuition fee and maintenance loans if they have lived in the UK for at least the three years before the start of their course."

Hi there, it needs to be 3 years from the first day of the course. So if the course begins on the 1st of September 2023 then it needs to be from 1st of September 2020 (exactly). Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, it needs to be 3 years from the first day of the course. So if the course begins on the 1st of September 2023 then it needs to be from 1st of September 2020 (exactly). Thanks, Jason

ok so if I was in Spain during th past 4 years which is in the EEA I should be ok ? I have pre settled status
Original post by spam44
ok so if I was in Spain during th past 4 years which is in the EEA I should be ok ? I have pre settled status

When does your course start and when did you move to the UK? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
When does your course start and when did you move to the UK? Thanks, Jason

I moved to the UK in 2017 and stayed until 2020 , so in 2020 I moved to Spain which is where I currently live. I have my pre settled status.
Original post by spam44
I moved to the UK in 2017 and stayed until 2020 , so in 2020 I moved to Spain which is where I currently live. I have my pre settled status.

Thanks and when does your course begin? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending