The Student Room Group

Student finance England

Hi, I am ratul. I am en eu student. I am living in UK for 2.5 years now.Last year, I did computing with foundation from an uni but I changed my university and it will start at September now. So which student finance form should I fill out?
PN1 Or PR1
Original post by ratul457890q
Hi, I am ratul. I am en eu student. I am living in UK for 2.5 years now.Last year, I did computing with foundation from an uni but I changed my university and it will start at September now. So which student finance form should I fill out?
PN1 Or PR1

Hi there, do you have pre or settled status? And are you applying for the full funding? Did you also complete your year or is it showing as 'withdrawn' on your account? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
I have pre settled. I am confused about the maintenance loan. As I came here November 2020. Though my father is living here since September 2019 and he has Italian citizen. I completed my foundation in September 2022. And it's not showing anything on my account
I have pre settled. I am confused about the maintenance loan. As I came here November 2020. Though my father is living here since September 2019 and he has Italian citizen. I completed my foundation in September 2022. And it's not showing anything on my account

Hi Ratul, you should re-apply using this form: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/studying-full-time-in-england-and-only-qualify-for-support-with-tuition-fees/2023-to-2024/yes

To be eligible for the Maintenance Loan you need to have Settled Status or be a Migrant Worker. Do you plan to work while you study?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
But this form only for tuition fee .
Yes ,I am working right now.Though, I am working since February this year.
But this form only for tuition fee .
Yes ,I am working right now.Though, I am working since February this year.

Hi Ratul,

Thank you for confirming. As you are a student with pre settled status, normally you would only be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. You mentioned that you are now working in the UK, if you will be continuing to work at an acceptable level that shows you are supporting yourself, you may be eligible for the Maintenance Loan as a Migrant Worker.

You would need to post a paper PN1 form along with a copy of your signed contract of employment that confirms your hours/rate of pay and confirmation that is it is fixed term or permanent. You also need to provide your last 3 months payslips, then your September payslip when it is available to you, to show that you will remain employed at the start of the academic year. You will also need to supply your Home Office Letter and share code again to confirm your status as you will be considered a new student as it is a different funding type.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1151449/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

EEA Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending