The Student Room Group

Migrant loan 2023/2024 for 3rd year EU pre-settled student

Hello,
I am currently reapplying for SFE and have filled in the form on the Student finance portal however, there has been no mention of a maintenance loan other than asking how much I wanted to be granted. Last year I had to get a migrant loan and the process was dissimilar to what I am going through now as I had to post my migrant loan application. I am worried that I may have missed a step or done something wrong (it didn't ask me if I was a home or EU citizen either).

I have also been in the UK for more than 5 yrs and I am in the process of receiving a settled status, when my status changes do I have to reapply?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by SARALAST
Hello,
I am currently reapplying for SFE and have filled in the form on the Student finance portal however, there has been no mention of a maintenance loan other than asking how much I wanted to be granted. Last year I had to get a migrant loan and the process was dissimilar to what I am going through now as I had to post my application. I am worried that I may have missed a step or done something wrong.

Hi there, as a returning Migrant Worker student you can apply online. You would indicate if you wish the maximum funding and then the team would review the funding you are entitled to receive. Once it has been processed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, as a returning Migrant Worker student you can apply online. You would indicate if you wish the maximum funding and then the team would review the funding you are entitled to receive. Once it has been processed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen

alright, thank you
alright, thank you

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Hello,
As an EU student, I recently had to provide evidence for my maintenance loan 2023/2024. however, I didn't have enough payslips for September (only one) because my part-time job doesn't normally provide shifts during that time of year. My maintenance loan has now been temporarily suspended and I don't know what to do. I have provided October payslips and I have payslips past before and after the range they need which is 1 Sep to 31 Oct. Is there any way to still get a maintenance loan for my final semester? Will this affect my tuition loan or the bursary my university is giving me?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 5
hello,
As an EU student, I recently had to provide evidence for my maintenance loan 2023/2024. however, I didn't have enough payslips for September (only one) because my part-time job doesn't normally provide shifts during that time of year. My maintenance loan has now been temporarily suspended and I don't know what to do. I have provided October payslips and I have payslips past before and after the range they need which is 1 Sep to 31 Oct. Is there any way to still get a maintenance loan for my final semester?
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Karen
You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

hello,
As an EU student, I recently had to provide evidence for my maintenance loan 2023/2024. however, I didn't have enough payslips for September (only one) because my part-time job doesn't normally provide shifts during that time of year. My maintenance loan has now been temporarily suspended and I don't know what to do. I have provided October payslips and I have payslips past before and after the range they need which is 1 Sep to 31 Oct. Is there any way to still get a maintenance loan for my final semester?
Hello,
I am currently reapplying for SFE and have filled in the form on the Student finance portal however, there has been no mention of a maintenance loan other than asking how much I wanted to be granted. Last year I had to get a migrant loan and the process was dissimilar to what I am going through now as I had to post my migrant loan application. I am worried that I may have missed a step or done something wrong (it didn't ask me if I was a home or EU citizen either).

I have also been in the UK for more than 5 yrs and I am in the process of receiving a settled status, when my status changes do I have to reapply?

Hi there, if you were applying as a Migrant Worker previously the application should still be under Migrant Worker but you may not need to send employment evidence just now. Once you have your Settled Status you can upload the Home Office letter confirming your Settled status and your new Immigration status share code. Once we have this we'd change you to a 'Home Student' from the next term onwards so you would not be a Migrant Worker anymore. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending