The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Rejections - IB international students

Hi, has any international student that was an offer holder received a rejection from Warwick? After my IB results I have narrowly met their criteria and I am still waiting for a response
Original post by MarianaCDMX
Hi, has any international student that was an offer holder received a rejection from Warwick? After my IB results I have narrowly met their criteria and I am still waiting for a response

Have you contacted Warwick to confirm they have your results? If not, that should be first on your agenda.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Have you contacted Warwick to confirm they have your results? If not, that should be first on your agenda.

Yes I have .. and they keep saying that they are reviewing them...
Yes I have .. and they keep saying that they are reviewing them...

In that case if you've met the offer in full then just a matter of waiting for them to do the admin side.
Reply 4
Thanks but I have not.. I met the math criteria but I am two points away from the overall required grade. I just wonder why they are not refusing me so that I can go into clearance...
In that case if you've met the offer in full then just a matter of waiting for them to do the admin side.
Thanks but I have not.. I met the math criteria but I am two points away from the overall required grade. I just wonder why they are not refusing me so that I can go into clearance...

Ah, your first post said "met" their criteria, where you mean "missed".

In that case there is still a chance they might accept you, (or they would have rejected you straight away). They may be holding you until A-Level results day when they have a better idea of whether they've got space to accept you OR they are having discussions with the academic department as to whether to accept you or not.

If you'd rather not wait, just tell them you'd prefer to be rejected now so you can use clearing.
Reply 6
Ah, your first post said "met" their criteria, where you mean "missed".

In that case there is still a chance they might accept you, (or they would have rejected you straight away). They may be holding you until A-Level results day when they have a better idea of whether they've got space to accept you OR they are having discussions with the academic department as to whether to accept you or not.

If you'd rather not wait, just tell them you'd prefer to be rejected now so you can use clearing.

Thanks I have asked them to please reject me so I can use clearing but they say they are still reviewing applications... and that I may need to wait until 17 august when A-level results are received... . I just wonder if there are other Warwick IB applicants in my situation that they have received rejections already
Thanks I have asked them to please reject me so I can use clearing but they say they are still reviewing applications... and that I may need to wait until 17 august when A-level results are received... . I just wonder if there are other Warwick IB applicants in my situation that they have received rejections already

That's weird, it should be a quick job to reject you if that's your preference.

Have you tried calling or do they have a webchat you could use?
Reply 8
That's weird, it should be a quick job to reject you if that's your preference.

Have you tried calling or do they have a webchat you could use?

I am joining their live chats almost on a daily basis and also tried calling ... they keep giving me vague answers and that they are still checking. I sent emails begging them to refuse me so that I can move on and no reply... I find it really unfair as next week I need to make a decision regarding accepting an offer in ESADE.. I am really desperate
I am joining their live chats almost on a daily basis and also tried calling ... they keep giving me vague answers and that they are still checking. I sent emails begging them to refuse me so that I can move on and no reply... I find it really unfair as next week I need to make a decision regarding accepting an offer in ESADE.. I am really desperate

Try their international office OR call UCAS and advise that they’re refusing to reject you despite missing your offer.

Quick Reply

Latest