The Student Room Group

Can I apply to internships even if I have graduated?

I was thinking about applying for IB/market roles within banks, but it is quite common for these banks to offer their graduate roles straight to interns, making it quite difficult to be successful for a direct graduate role. Also, a lot of these banks state that internships are for students in their first/second year of university, but having graduated June 2023, can I still apply to these internships? I know some places ask you this question in the application process and immediately reject your application if you have already graduated. Anyone know how strict these firms are with this rule and/or know if anyone has gotten through to an internship despite having already graduated?
Reply 1
it probably won't be any easier to get an internship than a graduate role tbh, especially since you aren't a current student and thus lower priority
even if you did get onto the internship and the company decided to offer you a role, you'd probably be waiting a year for your place since the other interns would have a year of study left before getting their qualification

Quick Reply

Latest