The Student Room Group

Computer Science w/ foundation year

Hello,

I did not take A-levels maths but would like to take Computer Science.

I want to know if applying to the foundation year at Birmingham university then go onto the Comp Sci course. I want to know if I can automatically go from the foundation year to the Comp sci course if I pass the foundation year.

Also, would I be correct in thinking that I only need to achieve the grade for the foundation year?

Thanks
I'm sure that's the case, the only reason why you wouldn't continue onto the degree level study is if you failed the foundation year, it is also possible to move to a different uni after your foundation year if you would like but that requires some hassle.

I'm not sure what you mean by the grade for the foundation year, but yes you'd only need to pass the foundation year to stay on the course
Reply 2
Original post by atarisroses
I'm sure that's the case, the only reason why you wouldn't continue onto the degree level study is if you failed the foundation year, it is also possible to move to a different uni after your foundation year if you would like but that requires some hassle.

I'm not sure what you mean by the grade for the foundation year, but yes you'd only need to pass the foundation year to stay on the course

Would I only need the grade for the entry requirements for the foundation year (BBB) and would I have to apply via ucas again after the foundation year for comp science?
Yes, you would stay on the course to continue the degree you would not need to re-apply for your course on ucas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending