The Student Room Group

Exam Only - Maintenance Loan

Hello,

I have a question regarding my academic situation. Unfortunately, I have been dealing with mental health issues that significantly impacted my performance during year 2. As a result, I have been required to resit year 2. I want to clarify that I have already filed for and received approval for mitigating circumstances.

I have recently applied for funding for the academic year 2023/2024, including a maintenance loan both of which were accepted by SFE. However, after submitting my application, I learned that I will be repeating the year as an 'exam only student' without attending seminars. Despite this change, I will still have access to the online lectures.

My question is whether I will still be eligible for the maintenance loan or if it will be declined due to my resit status. I would greatly appreciate any information or clarification you can provide on this matter. I have come across different opinions while searching online, which has caused some confusion.

Thank you for your reply :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, I am sorry to here of your situation and hope all will get better in due time. From what you have said, I would recommend you call SFE directly to get the most practical advice. As your application has already been accepted, there should not be any need to worry, but once again I would recommend you call SFE directly because as you said there are a lot of opinions online and who better to hear from than SFE themselves.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Roopie
Hi, I am sorry to here of your situation and hope all will get better in due time. From what you have said, I would recommend you call SFE directly to get the most practical advice. As your application has already been accepted, there should not be any need to worry, but once again I would recommend you call SFE directly because as you said there are a lot of opinions online and who better to hear from than SFE themselves.

Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by StudentBBK
Thank you!

No problem! I hope it all gets sorted out for you!
Reply 4
Original post by StudentBBK
Hello,

I have a question regarding my academic situation. Unfortunately, I have been dealing with mental health issues that significantly impacted my performance during year 2. As a result, I have been required to resit year 2. I want to clarify that I have already filed for and received approval for mitigating circumstances.

I have recently applied for funding for the academic year 2023/2024, including a maintenance loan both of which were accepted by SFE. However, after submitting my application, I learned that I will be repeating the year as an 'exam only student' without attending seminars. Despite this change, I will still have access to the online lectures.

My question is whether I will still be eligible for the maintenance loan or if it will be declined due to my resit status. I would greatly appreciate any information or clarification you can provide on this matter. I have come across different opinions while searching online, which has caused some confusion.

Thank you for your reply :smile:

Can i ask how you got on with your loan? I was in a similar position and could not get funding?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending