The Student Room Group

If you retake igcse , can you still get into top unis?

This is kind of bothering me for a while, but can you still get into Oxbridge and top unis like UCL if you have to resit.There is sth that I didn’t make clear before, which is that I felt like I messed up during many of my IGCSEs.This may hinder my chances of getting into a good university so I am planning to resit.As the results are still not out , I can’t be sure of what I would have to retake.If I were retake the “bad” subjects is that the end game.
(edited 9 months ago)
do those universities have IGCSEs grade requirements?
Original post by Agh I hate names
This is kind of bothering me for a while, but can you still get into Oxbridge and top unis like UCL if you have to resit.There is sth that I didn’t make clear before, which is that I felt like I messed up during many of my IGCSEs.This may hinder my chances of getting into a good university so I am planning to resit.As the results are still not out , I can’t be sure of what I would have to retake.If I were retake the “bad” subjects is that the end game.

Most universities dont really care about GCSE results other than meeting the requirements for Maths and English. Some score them as part of the process but it tends to be small percentage and generally resitting Maths and English doesnt affect applications. What do you mean when you say bad results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending