The Student Room Group

Art personal statement hobbies help

Hi, I am currently completing the first draft of my personal statement for history of art however I have not had a chance to do any volunteering yet and dont know what hobbies to discuss, any advice?
Original post by KR0505
Hi, I am currently completing the first draft of my personal statement for history of art however I have not had a chance to do any volunteering yet and dont know what hobbies to discuss, any advice?

Hi KR050,

Great news you're making a start on your personal statement, allowing yourself enough time to complete a few drafts before submitting will definitely help. Here are some tips to help you inform the structure of your personal statement and give you some things to think about:

1. Why do you want to study your chosen programme (or programmes)?
2. Why does this subject (or subjects) interest you?
3. Why do you think you’re right for the programme?
4. If you’re interested in a creative course, think about what and who inspires you and if that has
helped with your work in Sixth Form?
5. Think about some experiences you have had that inspire your interest in the subject(s), perhaps an exhibition you visited, a film you've seen or a particular game you've played (depending on what the discipline is that you're interested in)

The first draft is an opportunity to gain feedback and continue to develop your personal statement until you feel completely happy with it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending