The Student Room Group

dentistry HELP!

hi so im in year 12, i just got my predicted grades back and its AAA (not great) - i do bio, math and chem. im just wondering if its worth applying to london unis as they are asking for A*AA - im capable of getting an A* in maths (was one mark away) but idk if its wise to apply with AAA. TIPS?!
Reply 1
Original post by jennaa21
hi so im in year 12, i just got my predicted grades back and its AAA (not great) - i do bio, math and chem. im just wondering if its worth applying to london unis as they are asking for A*AA - im capable of getting an A* in maths (was one mark away) but idk if its wise to apply with AAA. TIPS?!

Still try beg the A*. but yeh dont apply to london unis w those grades they'll filter you out unless ur applying for enhanced support dent for KCL I think they take AAB but do check their website.
Original post by drdent
Still try beg the A*. but yeh dont apply to london unis w those grades they'll filter you out unless ur applying for enhanced support dent for KCL I think they take AAB but do check their website.

what is the enhanced support? i thought u had to be in a certain criteria for that
- and my school wont remark so its staying as AAA, the thing is i was so set on london so this is a setback for me
my current plan is to apply to unis up north and decide my choices at the end of year 13, if my grades r good i will take a gap year and reapply but to london
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
what is the enhanced support? i thought u had to be in a certain criteria for that
- and my school wont remark so its staying as AAA, the thing is i was so set on london so this is a setback for me
my current plan is to apply to unis up north and decide my choices at the end of year 13, if my grades r good i will take a gap year and reapply but to london

Enhanced support is still a 5 year course for dentistry at Kings but it has lower grade req of AAA. But its only if u go to a non-selective state skl in Greater London
Not bad to go for a gap year. My number 1 advice is now focus on getting the grades its the most important thing. 1 year left give it ur all and more
Reply 4

university of sheffield is really good for medicine and dentistry. one of the best in england
Original post by hh_7002
university of sheffield is really good for medicine and dentistry. one of the best in england

yeah i was interested at first but i think they want high gcses i have v average gcses

Quick Reply

Latest