The Student Room Group

Macbook air not eligible keyboard replacement

my MacBook air 2O17 keyboard has become really faulty with some keys not working, some keys not working at all and randomly typing letters by itself. my MacBook however is not eligible for the keyboard replacement programme and I really dk what to do. I literally have to copy and paste letters and with going back to uni in September, this needs to be fixed asap. what to do? ty
Original post by marble arch
my MacBook air 2O17 keyboard has become really faulty with some keys not working, some keys not working at all and randomly typing letters by itself. my MacBook however is not eligible for the keyboard replacement programme and I really dk what to do. I literally have to copy and paste letters and with going back to uni in September, this needs to be fixed asap. what to do? ty

If your MacBook is not one of those listed here as being eligible for free keyboard repair / replacement, then you will need to contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider and pay for the work to be carried out.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
If your MacBook is not one of those listed here as being eligible for free keyboard repair / replacement, then you will need to contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider and pay for the work to be carried out.

ah ok, do you have any clue how much it will cost? 😭
Original post by marble arch
ah ok, do you have any clue how much it will cost? 😭

Probably about £250 via Apple itself. About half that via an independent (non-Apple) company.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Probably about £250 via Apple itself. About half that via an independent (non-Apple) company.

ah ok, thanks! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending