The Student Room Group

Buying Macbook for University

Hey, I'm starting Uni this September and i was wondering which Macbook I should buy. Before I ask my questions, I am undertaking an Accounting and Finance BSc course which begins on the 27th of September and id be using the Macbook for University purposes.

1. Should I wait for the new 14 inch Macbook Pro? - Is it a massive upgrade to warrant waiting an extra month or 2 to buy it?

2. If I do wait what could I use at Uni in the meantime?

3. If I should not wait for the new one, which of the current Macbooks should I think about buying for uni. (i am willing to spend up to £1,500).
Original post by Fahidpudh
Hey, I'm starting Uni this September and i was wondering which Macbook I should buy. Before I ask my questions, I am undertaking an Accounting and Finance BSc course which begins on the 27th of September and id be using the Macbook for University purposes.

1. Should I wait for the new 14 inch Macbook Pro? - Is it a massive upgrade to warrant waiting an extra month or 2 to buy it?

3. If I should not wait for the new one, which of the current Macbooks should I think about buying for uni. (i am willing to spend up to £1,500).

Hi,
I’m doing the same degree this September and considering a MacBook
Did you end up getting a macbook or will windows be better ?
Original post by Fahidpudh

1. I think the Macbook Pro is overkill if you don't do any programming or video editing.

2. I have the Macbook Air M1 chip and I got it in October/November 2021. It does a great job although I will probably upgrade as I have started using way more apps.

3. I would say get the Macbook Air M2 chip

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending