The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Children's Nursing Timetable

Hi, I'll be starting Northumbria Uni in Sep studying Children's Nursing. Could anybody give some insight into what the timetable is like in the first year please? What Holidays do we get? When do placements start etc. Thank you
Original post by LLLLouise
Hi, I'll be starting Northumbria Uni in Sep studying Children's Nursing. Could anybody give some insight into what the timetable is like in the first year please? What Holidays do we get? When do placements start etc. Thank you

Hi, I've just finished first year children's nursing there. Our timetable was 2 days per week in university, so quite quiet during first term as we only had an introduction to placement in December, we didn't start full placement until January. The theory and practice seminars were weekly, both on the same day (so in campus 10-5), but the skills sessions were both in one day, so fortnightly. It's good as it gets you used to the extra time required to do the reading etc required prior to each session. There is a lot of work to be done in your own time. Have you been to one of the offer days? I was given the 3 year timetable when I did so you could see when there was time off from university, study weeks, exam weeks etc.
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Hi, Thank you for your response, it’s very helpful. I unfortunately couldn’t get to the offer days due to work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending