The Student Room Group

children’s nursing

hey everyone, i have received an interview for children’s nursing for northumbria and northamptom. I was wondering if anyone has previously done interviews with them and can tell me what sort of questions they ask, thanks in advance!
Original post by shannnstratton
hey everyone, i have received an interview for children’s nursing for northumbria and northamptom. I was wondering if anyone has previously done interviews with them and can tell me what sort of questions they ask, thanks in advance!

As it is for Child Nursing, you will likely be asked questions around values based recruitment and the 6 C's of nursing, where examples and demonstrations of your skills and values will be important to include in your answers to demonstrate to the interviewers that you are aware of your future profession.

Take a look at this thread which might be helpful! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418316
Reply 2

Although nobody can give you exact questions asked at interviews due to fairness for others candidates. Each interview they do they tend to switch questions to stop people giving others the answers.

Some examples...
1) why have you chosen children nursing rather than doing another nursing field.
2) learn the 6 C's of nursing
3) the NMC code of practice would be worth looking over
4) NHS core values
5) how would you cope with being stressed out while you are on shift
6) how will you handle a angry family member of the patient
7) how would you cope with a bereavement of a patient while on shift and staying professional as a nurse. ( This does happen at all stages of life as you need to be prepared for something like this).
8 read over your personal statement incase you are asked about it.

Best wishes for your upcoming interview

A NHS registered midwife

Hi Shannon,

Best of luck with your interviews!

Becky
Northumbria UG Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending